Backhoe what is the best way to backhoe out stumps?

/ what is the best way to backhoe out stumps? #11  
I have 10 more tree stumps to remove.
The local Nations Rents has 20 HP Vermeer stump grinder that can be rented on Friday evening and returned on Monday morning for $220. I don't plan on digging out any more stumps, unless there is no other choice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ what is the best way to backhoe out stumps? #12  
I normally use the fel and rock the tree. That loosens soils's grip on remaining roots and then push it over. I would imagine any tree a come-a-long will topple, your fel will do, and much faster. I'm guessing these are larger ones you aim to topple though. Climbing a 20' ladder propped against a tree is pretty scary for me. For those big trees, after freeing feeders, I get a helper to raise me in fel bucket and attach a snatch block (mec advantage) about 15' up with 200' of 9/16 Spectron ropet through it. Tie off one end of rope to base of a distant(100') tree and other 100' to my drawbar and pull it over in direction of tie off tree. Don't try with ordinary rope, as Spectron is made of Kevlar fibers, has no stretch and is much stronger than wire rope . Might could use wire rope but you need protection on back of tractor from slingshotting if cable breaks.