What is the best way to smooth out a rough field?

/ What is the best way to smooth out a rough field? #11  
We broke up some pasture for crops 10 years ago. Used a subsoiler, let sit for a few months, then used disc. I have used plows before but this was my first experience with subsoiler. 5 shank subsoiler, 10' wide on 200 hp 2wd tractor. The subsoiler could easily stop the tractor. Nice reason to have draft control on 3 pt. Subsoiler covers more ground than a plow and can go deeper. I was surprised how well it ripped up the soil for later discing. The plow will work but your Kubota 9540 will know the plow is back there. Used to plow with 2WD IH tractors that were heavier but about the same hp. Your MFWD should help immensely. I don't have rocks in my soil. If you have rocks, you better look for a trip plow. You can rent trip subsoilers in my area and that may be an option. A used 4-5 bottom plow can go real cheap these days. My brother bought a real nice, big, late model used JD land plow with 6 bottoms 10 years ago for $200. It was a bargain. He was bidding against the scrap iron guy. All trip bottoms and in great shape. In my area, an old 2 bottom plow will usually bring more than a 4 bottom plow. The guys with CUTs and acreages want the 2 bottom plows.

/ What is the best way to smooth out a rough field? #12  
I have an IH 720 4 bottom 16 in. with spring reset and sidehill hitch. I am plowing in rocky ground and when a plow bottom trips it sounds like a gun going off. I am pulling it with a 1066 that's about 145 pto hp. After plowing I disc with an IH 490 18 footer and then follow up with a cultipacker. Does a reasonably good job of getting the ground smooth. Stay away from cultivators if you have rocks, they will drag up every rock they find.

/ What is the best way to smooth out a rough field? #13  
Stay away from cultivators if you have rocks, they will drag up every rock they find.

I was at an auction recently and everything was selling high, for an auction, except the drag harrow. I think it probably went for scrap. Here in NE Pa. you have tons of small rocks.