What is the most important things to look for when buying a tractor?

/ What is the most important things to look for when buying a tractor?
Don't understand the love for the high priced green paint when many other good manufacturers has comparable tractors and equipment and can even offer better service. There are many good choices that have been backed by years of experience. The biggest decision is to find the one you are comfortable with, the one other have owned and would recommend. I would also recommend looking at some used tractors, check them over to see what may have been repaired such as loader frame and mounts. A low hour used tractor may fit better than a new one, and not have the modern electronics and pollution trappings to put up with.
Yes name recognition is important but usually carries a slightly higher price, better parts availability, and hopefully a better quality machine.
Many of the old manufacturers were the innovators of modern designs ie Massey Ferguson the 3 point hitch, Cockshutt independent power take off. Yet some others brag they did it first.
But many of the main line manufacturers fell on hard times in the 80's when the farm economy tanked. Many have been bought out, combined with another, or just disappeared. Many of the older tractors still have new parts available on line or thru salvage yards. The more popular they were back then the more is available now.
In the end you have to choose what you feel best fits what you want to do and the one that is comfortable and just plain feels good.
I would say the Green is enticing, but if the right deal comes along, Kubota is the equal, and then there's the rest...

/ What is the most important things to look for when buying a tractor? #32  
Good advice, but I’m not sure about the wisdom of buying used today. Good low hour machines are selling for nearly as much as new without the ultra low corporate financing.

Yeah, I just went through this. I just bought a new JD 5075E because to get a material discount vs new, you'd be looking at a machine with over 1000hrs. Plus JD offering 0% for 5yrs makes a big difference - I'll just keep that money invested elsewhere and earn a bit with it, effectively reducing the cost of the tractor. So shiny new 5075E arrives next week.

/ What is the most important things to look for when buying a tractor? #33  
I am not trying to start a brand basing here. Regardless the brand there are those who like it and believe it is the best. I have owned Case, Kubota, Kubota, JD and Kubota. I used a Ford a lot that in laws owned. Each one would probably buy again, only one ever had real issue with was my first Kubota, transmission gear failure and later and bearing failure. Rest of my issues were on the minor side. I cannot tell you in those brands I found anyone to be better, lower or high price than the others as some say. As too well establish dealers bring bigger prices, never seen that either. But there is a reason the well establish dealer for anything is well, Well established. Believe it is called service and being there when needed. One thing I do know, the brands I have bought sure did hold up well on resale.