What is the story of the B26

/ What is the story of the B26
I know. I abbreviate TLB instead of specify FEL and BH everytime. :)

Your 4060 and 3800 tractors are not TLBs. A TLB will let you move the seat 180 degrees to run the BH.

/ What is the story of the B26
On the B26, can you turn the seat and maneuver to sit on it without getting off the tractor? I know my BX had the 180 seat, but i would have to get off anyhow to get to it so I could sit down. There was no room between the fenders and seat to turn it while sitting. I would have to stand up to turn it into the BH position then get off and mount from the back.

/ What is the story of the B26 #13  
The B26 was designed to be a tough digging machine in compact areas. As lots get smaller and more houses get built, the demand for these small machines will likely grow.

/ What is the story of the B26 #14  
The B26 is also heavily armored, above and below. Heavy falling objects will glance off the reinforced canopy. The four post ROPS adds extra protection from flying debris in any direction. The hood is thick steel, not plastic. At least, I assume it is like my B21.

/ What is the story of the B26 #15  
The B26 is overpriced in my opinion, then again, anything from Kubota is overpriced.
Just ordered the left rear curved window on my L4200, tax included $800.

/ What is the story of the B26 #16  
The B26 seat does rotate 180 but you have to get off the seat, pull a blue lever and rotate the seat while standing on the ground. Unfortunately, there isn't enough room to stay seated while rotating the seat. I've owned mine for five years now and it's not all that inconvenient to get off the seat. The B26 is tough and the 2007 model (the one I have) is made of steel, not plastic. The only major plastic component is the FOPS and it's really well made. There is no plastic hood or fenders (on mine at least) to break.

/ What is the story of the B26 #17  
The B26 seat does rotate 180 but you have to get off the seat, pull a blue lever and rotate the seat while standing on the ground. Unfortunately, there isn't enough room to stay seated while rotating the seat. I've owned mine for five years now and it's not all that inconvenient to get off the seat. The B26 is tough and the 2007 model (the one I have) is made of steel, not plastic. The only major plastic component is the FOPS and it's really well made. There is no plastic hood or fenders (on mine at least) to break.

So your FOPS is made of plastic? We are talking the roll cage, right?

/ What is the story of the B26 #18  
So your FOPS is made of plastic? We are talking the roll cage, right?

Just the canopy is plastic, but is very thick and tuff stuff. It supported by four steel post steel sub frame. When working in the woods I have run the plastic canopy of the FOPS on my L39 into lots of tree branches and the branches have always lost.

On the L39 there is enough room to rotate the set 180 while sitting on the tractor.

Attachments

• L39 On trailer.jpg
    L39 On trailer.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 157
   / What is the story of the B26 #19  
I've put many hours on a B26 and quite a few on a L3200. For field work or skidding logs I would take the L3200. For most everything else I'd take the B26. The B26 is smaller size wise, but much heavier built. Even just sitting in the seat and driving it it feels like a more sturdy machine. The loaders a similar in capacity, with maybe a slight edge to the B26. The B26 seems like it has better geometry for digging and loading however. The backhoe on the B26 is plenty stout and is a good match for the machine. You do have the get off to swing the seat around, but it isn't really an issue. The L3200/3800 will ride a little smoother and is a little more suited to field work. Bush hogging would be better with the L.

Overall, you need to decide what your uses really are and what fits in your budget. I think either would be a step up from your L3800 if loader and backhoe functions are the determining factor.

/ What is the story of the B26 #20  
When looking to buy my L4060 with TLB, I looked at the B26 online. It's got a pretty strong FEL and BH for it's size. The TLB is pretty comparable to the TLB addon for the L4060, but the HP is allot lower along with the weight of the machine. The B26 weighs about 4000 lbs with everything on it and the L4060 without the TLB on it weighs about 3500 pounds. If you add the TLB, the weight would be I'm guessing 5000 pounds. What am I missing here?

Big differences between these two machines, as noted. One difference not previously mentioned is the FEL is permanently attached to the B26, unlike your L3800 and the L4060, on which you can disconnect the whole thing in a couple of minutes. While you can remove the bucket, the B26 will still be carrying an extra several hundred pounds on the front axle due to the frame, which affects ease of use, maneuverability, wear and tear and is inconvenient for servicing. There are also great differences in hydraulic capacity, pto horsepower and 3 point lift capacity. The B2x series are great little TLB's but you're paying a premium for the ruggedized design and extra dirt digging/moving capability. Good choice if those things mean a lot to you; if not so much, the L4060 you're looking at would probably be a more capable general purpose machine.