What is this aircraft?

/ What is this aircraft? #11  
Thanks, Bruce. I been looking at it off and on this morning. Pretty amazing to see the visual even knowing how many millions are flying.

/ What is this aircraft?
Thanks for the link Bruce. I had something fly over at 8:14 last night and I got pictures of it on my phone. Then just a few minutes later another aircraft flew over that looked just like the first one. Then I got pictures of the last one at around 8:30. None of them show up on flightradar24com.

Here are the pictures from my phone.

I can't find the charger to my camcorder but when I do I will try to get a video of it. It has pretty good zoom.

/ What is this aircraft? #14  
The Air Force has two and Customs has seven of them. They may not have transponders turned on.

Bruce

/ What is this aircraft? #15  
Not only can you watch plane flights from your PC but you can also watch boat/ship traffic.

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic

The website tracks boats and ships that have their AIS systems turned on. AIS transmits and receives information about a boat/ships size, course, speed, etc., which is very helpful in "seeing" other vessels. No radar is needed. Not all boats have AIS of course so one still needs to use radar and the Mark I eyeball. The system can be turned off if needed.

Pretty nifty to see what ships and boats are doing and where. Sometimes there are photos of the ship/boat along with the navigation information.

Later,
Dan

/ What is this aircraft? #16  
Possibly an ATR atr72-500-delta-photo-01.jpg

/ What is this aircraft? #17  
It is a USDA drone, they are watching you :shocked:

/ What is this aircraft? #19  
Cool link. Wish I'd had it yesterday when a military fighter buzzed me while on my tractor. But I wonder if it tracks those too??

Not usually. Most military aircraft aren't going to show up on there.

/ What is this aircraft? #20  
Bombardier Q400, the Ferrari of turboprops. Evolved from Dash-8 but only 20 percent commonality. The first Series 100, (now Q100) and Q200 are 37 seat, Q300 is 50 seat. Q400 is now up to 86 seats with the high capacity option (no fuselage stretch). NOK Air taking the first ones. Easy to tell a Q400 from an ATR. It is going 90 miles an hour faster ;)