What is this part called? It is off a Ford 1220.

/ What is this part called? It is off a Ford 1220. #1  

JasperFrank

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1220
DSCN3324.JPG
Its the lower mounting pin for the three point.

Attachments

• DSCN3326.JPG
    DSCN3326.JPG
    415.6 KB · Views: 146
   / What is this part called? It is off a Ford 1220.
Thank You Arto. Got 'er ordered! :)

For good measure, i found out that the rear bolt to the pin broke off. Oh, that's going to be fun to remove. :)

/ What is this part called? It is off a Ford 1220. #7  
At least its the bolt that broke, on mine the casting where the bolt screws in was broke from the previous owner.
They repaired it and its been fine for the 23 years I have owned it.

/ What is this part called? It is off a Ford 1220. #9  
For good measure, i found out that the rear bolt to the pin broke off. Oh, that's going to be fun to remove. :)
Not bad if you have a welder. Even better when it's in cast iron. Just weld a nut to it and unscrew the remainder of the bolt.(y)

Extracting the broken bolt was far easier than I ever imagined. I bought a left hand 3/8th drill bit. $11 dollars and a screw extractor $8. Used a punch to set the bit, and got 1/4 inch in to the broken bolt. Then it just backed out using a flat head screw driver. I never even had to use the extractor. And even though I was working at an angle the drill bit never touched the internal threading. I really thought this was going to be a nightmare, and it turned out to be nothing at all.
I will say that one should be careful if they are use to only useing a FEL with an three point attachment as a counter weight. In my case the three point pin broke so I tried to use the FEL with out the counter weight. This was extremely dangerous and stupid, and I need to buy a new set of pants. :)

bolt.jpg

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: JJT