Dealer What is up with Dealers?

/ What is up with Dealers? #41  
Murph,

Point taken. We all have our own style of doing business. Apples and oranges. I only get riled when someone who doesn't have my life expieriences passes judgement on my way of approaching business without knowing anything about me or my businesses... not saying that's you Murph, just folks in general.

I've done very well in my businesses and I think that affords me at least the smallest window of courtesy to share my thoughts. If I upset some of you in that process then I apoligize. I'm a man's man and I speak my mind, not always the best thing to do. All of you have made good points and while I don't agree with some of them I absolutely respect your right to voice them just the same. You see the problem with our country and these boards lately is that some just do not respects eachothers right to disagree. It seems that someone always takes it to some stealthy personal level. That turns to hate and confrontation and yes I'm guilty of that at times too. I'm also man enough to admit it's wrong while still standing on my principles.
That's called character.

Good luck Indiana and I truly hope you find the tractor your looking for at a price you can feel good about with a dealer that treats you right.

/ What is up with Dealers? #42  
Geeze,guess I'm just a poor dumb hick that lives out in the sticks,don't even have a hi-speed connection in the igloo.......But if I was buying something for me,and my family to drive I'd sure testdrive it before I bought it. If my local Dealer I deal with did not have the vehicle I wanted,instead of calling every dealer in this part of the world,I'd just have him do a Dealer search for me. Then I'd have him do a Dealer trade for it. That way if it had any troubles they'd take care of me. Stop a minute and think about the local Dealer being there when you need him,instead of the Dealer you bought from miles away......Might cost a bit more to buy locally up front,but local service is priceless in the long run!

/ What is up with Dealers? #43  
TomKioti said:
Murph,

Point taken. We all have our own style of doing business. Apples and oranges. I only get riled when someone who doesn't have my life expieriences passes judgement on my way of approaching business without knowing anything about me or my businesses... not saying that's you Murph, just folks in general.

Tom,

I think the original point was dealers not calling back after two phone calls to them. That is down right rude, no different than you or me going to the lot and they just let you sit out there and don't come out to offer any help. How you or anyone else buys is not an issue, it is dealer not acting like they care or are concerned for your needs. Some here were trying to protect the dealer and saying give them a break, they don't return phone calls they will have all the breaks they want if you know what I mean.

murph

/ What is up with Dealers? #45  
15 months ago when I bought my tractor I went to 4 dealers. I asked for a quote on a price for my tradein from each. One said that I was too far away for them to send soneone out to look. I thanked him for his honesty and went on. With the next two we worked out a price and all that was left was for them to look at my trade to finalize the price. I set up appointments for them to come out and neither showed. The last dealer told me he gave me his best price on the new tractor and couldn't knock off anymore for a trade. He said I'd be better off selling it myself. He told me what he thought it should sell for, (which was more than I thought it was worth) I took his advice, bought the tractor from him and put the trade up for sale, and got what he suggested I should for it.

/ What is up with Dealers? #46  
Agro-oti

Excellent points as well Agro. I think in all honesty we have all made our points and unless JC himself intervenes the world will spin on. Mabye even without us.... I mean it did before... right?

/ What is up with Dealers? #47  
Toadhill,

Sooo that was a good thing yes? I understand your point but.. you did the footwork and made it happen. You found out what dealers were bogus by doing your homework. That's what I'm talking about. YOU MAKE THE DEAL, YOU HOLD THE POWER, YOU SHOW UP IN PERSON AND MADE YOUR DEAL WORK. AWESOME!

/ What is up with Dealers?
HODAK said:
Insterad of "What is up with Dealers?", how about "What is up with this dealer"?. A return call should be made by them. They can give a list price and then tell you to stop in to discuss or at least say that they don't give out prices over the phone. I guess it depends on how much they need the business. A salesman should always consider someone who shows interest as a possible sale, no matter what the product - that's their job. Two calls and no reply?? Move on........ My.02

I agree I should have said "Dealers" This is just one experience.

Man this thread has generated some strong opinions!!!

/ What is up with Dealers?
TomKioti said:
Let me be more direct with my point.

You are not going to get anything concrete done with most dealers over the phone, especially on pricing. Most are reluctant to give good quotes in that manner. Get off the couch, turn off the computer and actually make an effort. Do you cold call NEW CAR dealerships and get anywhere on price? I don't think so. You need to see what your buying/pricing and interact with these guys/gals. Most are (not all mind you) good folks that genuinely like to help people. You gotta get off your can and do the work if you truly want a great deal. And if you shop and read these boards you will accomplish just that.
It's all here for you but you gotta work it.

I hope I didn't come off harsh as that was not my intention. Good luck in your dealer search!

Tom

I have no problem going to a dealer. In fact I like doing it. However, that day I could not travel so I thought I would use the phone. It is not a big deal, really. I can look elsewhere. But if I was a dealer I would at least call back for the possibility of a sale.

/ What is up with Dealers? #50  
I had a dealer here in MI who knew little about the Kioti brand they were selling.
Guess what? They closed the place up and auctioned everything off! This was a big rental place in Grant that also sold Kioti's. I really don't know what to think now. Why would I want to buy a kioti at this point. NO dealers on the west side of the state now. 3 kubota places within 40 mins and I doubt they will be closing any time soon. Sorry Kioti not much trust here anymore.

Rick