What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor?

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #91  
<snip> Like I said Kioti perfection. Nothing is unfriendly on a Kioti. :)

I wouldn't go quite that far on mine. Great machine overall but there are several minor annoyances. Nothing deal-breaking, but some aspects that could be improved.

1. Seat belt - it keeps tightening and won't loosen even sitting still. So the longer you wear it, the tighter it gets. Eventually after enough bumps it is so tight and uncomfortable you have to stop, take it off, let it retract all the way, then re-fasten it.

2. Seat belt - female part is fixed with no flexible lead and mounted low. So my (normal sized - not a real big guy) left butt cheek is continually getting poked by the corner of it.

3. No included toolbox. With all the NX features, lack of even a simple plastic one from factory is disappointing.

4. Radiator screen - mentioned previously, but you have to have the FEL arms up out of the way to remove it easily for cleaning. No big deal, but often don't remember to leave them up - not in habit yet.

5. Hood latch/hood pneumatic arms. Very difficult to get the hood closed and latched. Either the latch is too stiff or the pneumatic arms are too strong. But real easy for it to appear closed and latched, then on first little bump, hood opens. Takes a lot of force to overcome the arms and get it closed - fairly strong slam and wife can't close it.

6. Seat sensor. If seat suspension is adjusted to where it won't bottom out on roughest bumps, any slight movement makes sensor think you're not in seat. Switching operators - wife ~45 lbs lighter than me - machine won't start for her or stay running since seat sensor thinks she isn't there. So seat suspension has to either be left too low for me or each of us has to readjust.

7. Seat/starting safety interlocks. Machine will not start if not in N, parking brake set, butt in seat. I can see that to prevent you from doing something dumb and running yourself over or unexpected movement starting in gear although unlikely with HST. But just raising up for a couple seconds to see pallet forks for example, machine cuts off. If not in N and parking brake set, you can't raise up from seat without cutting off engine. Gives you like 1.5 seconds.... But if you want to hop off and remove something in your path or pick up a stick, you have to set range to N and apply parking brake. Also irritating that just pressing the brake pedal isn't enough to start it - must set parking brake.

8. H/M/L range selector lever. Very awkward engagement and can be difficult to find M range. L or H range fine, but sometimes takes some coaxing to get it in M. Have read that smooths out over time but @ 50 hrs now still have to fiddle with it to get in M as much as day 1.

9. ROPS bolts. Shoulder bolts with nylock nuts. Very difficult/time consuming to fold ROPS. Replaced with 3/4" redhead pins which makes it real easy but the OEM shoulder bolts are slightly oversize and 3/4" pin allows enough movement that it makes ROPS noisy - buzzing vibrating sound at times. Since I need to fold ROPS to park it would prefer a simpler/better design from factory.

10. Zerk at front of loader. Most forward 2 zerks cannot be reached with bucket on. SSQA so not terrible, but having to detach bucket to hit those fittings seems like poor design and they could have been located a little better to take a grease gun with bucket on.

These are all minor and can be fixed/worked around without much fuss. If we were making a list of what is awesome about our machines, I'd run out of room. But these things I've noticed that could be better.

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #92  
For the L series Kubota I agree with what has been said:
#1 Brakes and pedal both on right side.
#2 Irritation of having to buy a right side handle.

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #93  
Oh, and I also have found the tumblers work great in the cup holder. I just use the cheap Walmart (Ozark) one.
Capture.JPG

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #94  
@CMV... Wow... Quite the list, but I don't seem to have 1/2 those issues with our (new / 20 hrs) CK.

- Seat belt - No complaints so far.
- Tool box - My CK came w/ a ROPS mounted box.
- Radiator Screen / Hood Latches - No comment (yet).
- Safety Interlocks - I don't know if maybe my dealer disabled all of them, but I've started the CK while standing next to it and pressing on the brake pedal with my hand (HST model).
- ROPS - The CK came w/ pins for the ROPS.
- Zerks - No comment (yet).

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #95  
Here's my list:

Kubota L3901

terrible location for PTO lever.
turnbuckle 3pt adjusters.
can't add (factory) wheel weights to the R4 tire/rim combo.
turning radius is terrible for such a small tractor.

JD 5100M

loader joystick pretty crude/clunky, at least compared to any Kubota I've had.
hard to "slip" the clutch pedal when doing precision work. It's sort of all or nothing.
engine is very noisy.

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #96  
10. Zerk at front of loader. Most forward 2 zerks cannot be reached with bucket on. SSQA so not terrible, but having to detach bucket to hit those fittings seems like poor design and they could have been located a little better to take a grease gun with bucket on.

Do you have a pic of those, I’m just curios what they have changed, mine are all accessible.

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #97  
Kubota not spending the huge sums it would have taken to put a grab handle on the right fender. They sell them and the mount holes are there, you just have to order in one for $80 or whatever it is. Cheapening out on a handle on a thousands of dollar tractor. It's like not putting an armrest in a car but you can buy one as an addon.

There, now I feel better.

Same thing with my Yanmar. Also added step on the right side they were too cheap to put on. Probably 40 bucks for both, plus the time to mount.

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #98  
+1 to Countrybumpkin's question. Wondering about this myself. Unless there is something I'm missing forward of the pivot and wrist pin zerks, all are readily accessible on my NX (2014).

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor? #99  
I wouldn't go quite that far on mine. Great machine overall but there are several minor annoyances. Nothing deal-breaking, but some aspects that could be improved.

[snip]
5. Hood latch/hood pneumatic arms. Very difficult to get the hood closed and latched. Either the latch is too stiff or the pneumatic arms are too strong. But real easy for it to appear closed and latched, then on first little bump, hood opens. Takes a lot of force to overcome the arms and get it closed - fairly strong slam and wife can't close it.
[snip]

These are all minor and can be fixed/worked around without much fuss. If we were making a list of what is awesome about our machines, I'd run out of room. But these things I've noticed that could be better.

Easing the engagement edges of the two latching hooks with a mill file or rotary tool helps, plus lubricating the cross-rod and its spring. A minor nuisance, yes. But this is an issue Kioti should work on. I don't run my NX on public roads, but some do, between properties or to and from a fuel station. If the hood were to raise up then, it could be more eventful. :eek:

/ What is user UNFRIENDLY on your tractor?
One more minor complaint on my MF 1758. When I am done working, I usually try to set the parking brake first, then shift into neutral. The parking brake switch is at the edge of how far I can reach without "unloading" the seat. So sometimes when I go to set the brake the seat switch tries to kill the engine. If it was just a few inches closer it wouldn't happen.