Third U.S. President

Yes - very wise. Or....

angry.jpg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,453  
"Try first to be a man of value; success will follow."

~ Albert Einstein

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,454  
Saw this just today -

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA - our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,455  
"He's a good guy in a way... But who needs another guy in the way?"

Heard that one at work yesterday, company man at a well site talking about a new roustabout... I had to laugh!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,456  
Good post...although not a quote per se, it has an important message. At the risk of straying off topic and repeating myself, I have a similar story that had a tremendous impact on me, my life and my family.

At a family reunion, after dinner was over, and everyone had dispersed and were having their own private little conversations, I ended up talking to an uncle of mine...a tall, movie star handsome second generation German immigrant, who had served in WWII in some sort of secret capacity. Although he never talked about, others in the family told me that he had parachuted behind enemy lines on several of his missions. He was also a County agent; educated, intelligent...not to mention brave... and accomplished. I say this because I valued his counsel and took him seriously.

He asked about me an my family...I was married, had two daughters, ages 8 and 12...and was employed as a Research Chemist. I told him that we were fine, but I was not particularly happy with my job, but couldn't really do much about. He then asked me what it would take to make me happy, and I told him that it had always been my dream to attend law school. He then asked me what my problem was...and I told him that I couldn't afford to quit work, that I would have to attend night school, work full time, and try to fulfill my family responsibilities. His answer: "So?", and I replied "I would like to, but it's so hard". I'll never forget his response...he looked me straight in the eye, with a rather serious look on his face, and said: "It's not supposed to be easy". I had to admit he was right. I never forgot that conversation, and it made a big difference in my life. I took the LSAT that Summer; was admitted in 1976 and graduated in 1980. He was right, it wasn't easy, but it was doable...with the help of Sharn Jean and the girls...and it made a big difference in my life and my career.

That is a very inspirational story 2LaneCruzer

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,457  
After my stepdaughter announced she was getting married, she went into her bathroom and screamed at a roach in the tub, my reply "If you are old enough to get married, then you are old enough to kill your own bugs" That quote has stuck in this family for 15 years now.

Ha-Ha-Ha, that's a keeper for sure.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,458  
I speak with foreign accent. One time in past we drove to a baseball game to another city with friends. While settling in the hotel my wife told me she might need Tampax and to get it. I found friend of mine in a pretty loud hotel bar and tasked to borrow his car to get Tampax. He reached in his pocket pull a wallet and gave me 10 bucks. So since then if something doesn't mater people familiar with the story would say: "What is the difference? Tampax or ten bucks?"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,459  
"Vote early, vote often"