What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,211  
If the world made any sense, men would ride horses sidesaddle.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,213  
From a friend who build and raced dragsters where power to weight was a vital key to success.

After lightening everything he determined the best bracket is no bracket at all. This sticks in my mind every time I engineer anything - lol

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,214  
After lightening everything he determined the best bracket is no bracket at all. This sticks in my mind every time I engineer anything - lol
Not sure if this is more "Tell us something we don't know" or "Favorite Quote or Saying", but since you brought this up here, I have one: "If half the stuff on your boat isn't broken by the end of the race day, you built it too heavy."

This quote is paraphrased by something I heard one of the boat builders say in the 2010 America's Cup, where the massively-overpowered and tippy Oracle beat Alinghi in light air, after having debated canceling the race due to "high winds" that weren't really very high by old standards.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,215  
The best bracket quote is one of my favorite quotes and I repeat it every time I design something.
Right now I need to build a footrest for my left foot when driving the tractor for long periods to brace my bad back against the constant jarring.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,216  
People do not decide their futures. They decide their habits and their habits decide their futures.

F.M. Alexander

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,217  
The best bracket quote is one of my favorite quotes and I repeat it every time I design something.
Right now I need to build a footrest for my left foot when driving the tractor for long periods to brace my bad back against the constant jarring.
2023_09_04_15.33.10.jpg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,218  
This was stolen from something Eagle had posted in the Groan thread, and I guess it would make you groan, but I thought it was worth posting here as a favorite quote: "The di1do of consequences rarely arrives lubed."

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #7,219  
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret
'Cause I am the best that's ever has been

-Charlie Daniels band