What is your preference when shopping at a dealership?

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #11  
I think a sales person should ask and then let you tell them once you are on the lot. If I’m at a dealership and no one pays me any attention I might leave thinking they don’t want my business.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #12  
I don't mind a salesman approaching me when I first enter, but then leave me to myself to look over their tractors and equipment. Of course the last tractor I bought was over 20 years ago and the last new implement I purchased was 4 years ago.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #13  
I want them to greet me, meet me, and leave their card with me. If/when I need them, I will ask for them. I was in commission sales for a dozen years, so I try to get the right person the sale. My Toyota salesperson (five new ones in 15 years) is now a manager, but still is there to take care of me if I need him. I had to assume the ownership of one of my kids' cars, and I ran it past him. He gave me a very encouraging idea of the market value, leading me to sell it for ~$3k more than I thought it was worth - and he acted genuinely pleased to help me out.

At every tractor dealer I've been to, I've had to ask for a salesperson.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #14  
I generally go look during "off hours" to ensure I'll be left alone while comparing models and options. I like to learn as much as I possibly can before talking to anyone so I know if they start feeding me a line of malarkey. Most times when I buy something, I've already learned more about it than what any sales staff will know.

When I show up during business hours, it is because I have a question or am ready to buy. Even then, I prefer to walk in and introduce myself rather than a salesman coming outside to greet me. I like to walk into a place and see everyone busy at this and that. Nothing is more pathetic than pulling into a dealer lot of some sort (car, tractor, whatever) and seeing the salesmen lined up at the window like puppies in a dog pound and having one come running out to hold the door cause they have nothing better to do.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #15  
I'd like them to ask if I need help and if I say no leave me alone until I do. Don't like them breathing down my neck when I am just kicking tires. Also do not want to waste their time if they could be working up a quote for another customer or closing a deal.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #16  
I like them to come acknowledge that I am there and introduce themselves and let me know if I have any questions to let them know and ask if I want the keys to anything. You know a novice when they see one. There’s several threads about people tractor shopping and getting bent when nobody is there to help them.

When I’m car shopping I used to avoid them. I already knew what I wanted and what to pay. Now days we just order everything straight thru the salesmanager and it’s a 10 min ordeal

Brett

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #17  
When I go car or truck shopping I go when its raining so no salesman will bother me. Already know what I want just checking inventory. Went to a LS dealer and KUBOTA dealer today no salesman around...

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #18  
When I go car or truck shopping I go when its raining so no salesman will bother me. Already know what I want just checking inventory. Went to a LS dealer and KUBOTA dealer today no salesman around...

That is probably because you are in the middle of a blizzard.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #19  
I drove to a dealership about an hour away and walked all over their lot. They showed a tractor on their web site I could not find. Knew they were busy for people were moving like ants. But I wanted into the dealership and failed to be able to get anyone for all were busy ants. I left sent email about how long was there and never had an employee to acknowledge I was there and they were wasting money on web site. Got the right phone call with apology from the right person and he made the sale and we both made friends.

I prefer to be acknowledge with respect asked if they can direct (not lead me to) me to anything in particular or such. If I walk into the dealership I really expect to be spoken to. If I am allowed to walk around inside and not spoken to I will walk. One manager that impressed me I asked him as we were walking towards each other if he could tell me where such was to which he stopped and really impressed me, I can and I can take there if you wish.

If you want me to leave, let me look for help and there is none for they are busy talking with each other and laughing. A group of sales people standing around laughing or smoking and yes I live in tobacco country turns me off. And yes I do expect them to be able to answer simple questions.

/ What is your preference when shopping at a dealership? #20  
That is probably because you are in the middle of a blizzard.

NO snow up here in NH storm missed us , I drove the sander down in MA at 5am maybe 1 to 2 inches , got 4 hours then went tractor shopping:)