Comparison what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements?

/ what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements?
It is quite smart to use the word of mouth. Actually I am considering and already contacted the TBN to talk about the possibility of launching an advertising program. But there is still a lot work to do before that. Your ideal might make sense. Maybe we can work this out privately.
If the price is right there will always be a buyer. What will make or break you is those first few customers. If everything works out well for them and they let people know then it'll go far towards continued new sales. Also it would be wise to sponsor a forum like this and maintain a constant presence. If there's any problems make sure you are upfront about them and what you're doing to resolve the problem as well as what you're doing to make sure it's not going to happen again. If possible I would even offer a few tractors to members on the forum to try for a year free (or at a really reduced rate) as long as they post at least once a week about how well it's going (pros and cons).

/ what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements? #22  
The whole thing is still a concept; I am trying to make a blueprint and definitely will take your comment into account.

Regarding the RMB’s devaluing or appreciating, I have a different perception. The rapid development of China is largely owing to demographic dividend and blue collar’s huge sacrifice. Besides, according to the American government, China has not been manipulating the RMB Rate.

That's nothing more then the ***** adminstration's standard BS...don't put much credence into it
Here's one of hundreds of articles that disputes the ***** claim:
America and China: Is China a currency manipulator? | The Economist

As far as your workers' "sacrifice"...that's pretty common in totalitarian societies. Are they still using prisoners for labor in some manufacturing companies?

/ what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements? #23  
It is quite smart to use the word of mouth. Actually I am considering and already contacted the TBN to talk about the possibility of launching an advertising program. But there is still a lot work to do before that. Your ideal might make sense. Maybe we can work this out privately.

I wasn't thinking so much about myself since I don't put many hours a year on my tractor, half of which is blowing snow. You would want a couple of people that will put the tractor through it's paces and put some hours on it. There are several members here who have been here a long time and have solid reputations that can also be honest.

Seems you don’t buy the president’s talk. Frankly speaking, many Chinese are not fan of Chinese development model. For the bold question, the answer is positive. But not quite sure whether some prisoners work in tractor companies.

Isn’t this normal in the U.S? According to the prison break, they have to work too.

That's nothing more then the ***** adminstration's standard BS...don't put much credence into it
Here's one of hundreds of articles that disputes the ***** claim:
America and China: Is China a currency manipulator? | The Economist

As far as your workers' "sacrifice"...that's pretty common in totalitarian societies. Are they still using prisoners for labor in some manufacturing companies?

Might be a good proposal. but I am sure that is gona take a while. I have to make sure everything is ready.(quality control, website, online repair instructions, etc.)

I wasn't thinking so much about myself since I don't put many hours a year on my tractor, half of which is blowing snow. You would want a couple of people that will put the tractor through it's paces and put some hours on it. There are several members here who have been here a long time and have solid reputations that can also be honest.

/ what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements? #26  
I don't get why someone would spend $30k on a machine that they have no dealer support for just to save a few bucks. Penny wise and pound foolish... I am quite capable of rebuilding any tractor but I don't have the time to mess with it. You will lose a big customer base by eliminating commercial users with your business model. Do you have an established product in your country? If not then selling to a foreign country without a good product currently being used by customers sounds like a recipie for failure. If this is what you are planning you should just invest your money in the stock market. :)

Tentatively assume a bigger differential in price might appeal to some buyers and help us get out of the predicament. Somebody says the success of future business is selling less of more. Besides I personally incline to believe there is a huge potential in the B2C market. When time is ready, we could turn the dealer to a warehouse and the service center. Reducing unnecessary costs and after-market service are the major concerns.

The first step seems quite difficult.

Remarks: we have been in the U.S for a few years and have done a pretty good job in some counties except NA, etc.

I don't get why someone would spend $30k on a machine that they have no dealer support for just to save a few bucks. Penny wise and pound foolish... I am quite capable of rebuilding any tractor but I don't have the time to mess with it. You will lose a big customer base by eliminating commercial users with your business model. Do you have an established product in your country? If not then selling to a foreign country without a good product currently being used by customers sounds like a recipie for failure. If this is what you are planning you should just invest your money in the stock market. :)

/ what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements? #28  
I would make sure that you do actually engage with your customers over the DF products.

I have a 2007 Jinma 554 tractor and have been having problems with a steering component that fails at fairly regular intervals, when the tractor's ZL-60 front end loader is used for heavy lifting (full buckets of sand etc). It appears to be a design problem and apart from having one replacement part under warranty, there has been nothing further from the Jinma factory even though I have written regarding this problem.
It is proving to be very frustrating, expensive and potentially dangerous!

Encouraging feed back from the buyers is a good policy - though there will always be the ones that will never be happy. Customer feed back can often help identify problems with design and even help with making changes to solve these problems. After all, if customers don't buy, then businesses close down.

Thanks

Jim

/ what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements? #29  
Seems you don’t buy the president’s talk. Frankly speaking, many Chinese are not fan of Chinese development model. For the bold question, the answer is positive. But not quite sure whether some prisoners work in tractor companies.

Isn’t this normal in the U.S? According to the prison break, they have to work too.

As far as prisoners, it's a state by state situation and most do work such as road side clean up and things like that. None, to the best of my knowledge, work in any kind of industry. I have read (sorry, don't recall the site) Chinese prisoners work in manufacturing. I'm not going to comment further since it would likely take this thread way way off topic.
As far as *****...no, he has little credibility with most Americans...and, it appears, most economists.

Last edited:
   / what is your take on direct selling for tractors and implements? #30  
hi Roy, Have to agree that the prisoner work has been pretty limited..maybe cutting wood, and planting and harvesting crops for their own use??Industry prisoners work is limited to stamping liscense plates and maybe some light plastic molding, Have to remember the use of tools?? It was reputed that Chinese prisoners were used to Mfr. Some light Infantry weapons for military use and export...BTW, I stand with you on OB....NO I am NOT buying that Our ECONOMY is in better shape...Not the vision of many down here in the South..