what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :(

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #1  

fandelem

Tractor
n/a
was mowing last night ... and the shaft just ripped off from the gear box! dang. the bush hog is not mine ... just trying to figure out what the repair bill may be?

Attachments

• bushhog2.jpg
    bushhog2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 360
  • bushhog1.jpg
    bushhog1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 333
   / what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #2  
I would just get a "will fit" replacement gear box from Agri-Supply. You might have to re drill some bolt holes but it shouldn't be a big deal. It would be quick. I would get the matching stump jumper as well. bjr

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #3  
I would just get a "will fit" replacement gear box from Agri-Supply. You might have to re drill some bolt holes but it shouldn't be a big deal. It would be quick. I would get the matching stump jumper as well. bjr

Isn't this just the slip clutch on the pto shaft. then to the gear box input. . If so replace just the slip clutch part.
ken

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #4  
It looks as tho the slip clutch broke off its mounting collar. ... And, on the far side where I cant see too well it appears that the crack is not all a fresh break. If not it isnt wholly from you. In that case Id offer to go halves on the cost.
larry

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #5  
If you were like SOME of my neighbors (whom no longer touch my tools) you'd ductape it together and not tell me. My good neighbors would call me and offer to replace whatever is needed.

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #6  
Take care of borrowed equipment better than yer own.... that's what my daddy tought me. Had to borrow a backhoe to dig a water line trench this weekend... guy fueled it up and said its ready to go... he takes good care of his stuff... I'm gonna go over it with a grease gun after I fill the fuel tank before I return it.

Hope you luck out with the repairs to the brush hog... I agree it looks like the clutch not the gear box. Might not be cheaper to fix but maybe easier... no crawling under it! Good luck... be straight up with the owner, they will likely help you out with labor and/or cost... honesty goes along way.

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #7  
If it were mine, I'd re-weld it.. Borrowed... New slip clutch, just to keep the peace.

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #8  
If it were mine, I'd re-weld it.. Borrowed... New slip clutch, just to keep the peace.

X2 and give him back the old one in case he needs a spare clutch plate at some stage you never know he may even offer to pay for it ( I wouldn't ask for money though).

Glad to see it's not just me this happens to.

Jon

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #9  
It was definitely partially broken prior to you using it. I would grind off all the old weld (which doesn't appear to be very much to start with) and weld the broken collar back on. I think you could even do it without disassembly. One pass with 3/32" 7018 should do it and not overly heat the clutch plate. If using a MIG, you would likely have to disassemble it which isn't a big deal either way.

/ what kind of repair will this be to my bush hog? :( #10  
why would you disassemble it to weld with mig?