What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e?

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e? #1  

casolorz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy weights for the 1739e I got recently. Even with the tiller attached I sometimes feel like it needs more weight on the back if using the loader.

I mostly need to be able to move round bales.

Also as far as round bales, the ones I have right now are on the smaller side, like 5x4. Will this tractor be able to handle the larger ones with a loader spear?

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e? #2  
I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy weights for the 1739e I got recently. Even with the tiller attached I sometimes feel like it needs more weight on the back if using the loader.

I mostly need to be able to move round bales.

Also as far as round bales, the ones I have right now are on the smaller side, like 5x4. Will this tractor be able to handle the larger ones with a loader spear?
You either need a 3PT weight box or a rear weight bar for hanging weights.
A 5x4 or larger bale would need at least 500+ pound weight on the rear.

If your tractor has a quick hitch, using a 15-gallon plastic barrel makes a super neat weight.
This is about $35 overall to make.
1706978843364.png

This is around 550-lbs.
1706978912513.png

DIY and make our own shapes,

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e? #3  
Its certainly not a one size fits all situation, but on my GC 1715 if I was lifting 500 pounds in FEL rear wheels came off the ground, my solution was to make a ballast box about 24x24x12 inches which comes out to 4 cubic feet, concrete weigh in at about 150 pounds per cubic foot, so weight is about 600 pounds, probably weigh more than I need, but rear wheels stay planted even when FEL can not lift weight in bucket... Probably something in the 300 to 400 pounds range would have been sufficient...

ballast-box-jpg.683191

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e?
Thank you for the ideas. I think I'm going to need a quick hitch, I've been itching to get one and now I have an excuse.

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e? #5  
Thank you for the ideas. I think I'm going to need a quick hitch, I've been itching to get one and now I have an excuse.
Please see this thread for quick hitches. Don't WASTE money when many of then are just as good as the big names.

Cool, I didn't know they could be so cheap, definitely getting one maybe even tomorrow.

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e? #7  
Our solution was a ballast box. We filled it with rock we had on the property... breaking the rock to smaller pieces to get a better fill. The ballast box cost $200ish. The rock nothingish but our time to break and place. And we did place.. filling tightly as possible to maximize the weight.

Our guess - north of 700lbs based on what we can lift without the rear trying to rise..

/ What kind of weights would you use on a 1739e? #8  
How heavy of a rear weight do you want? I needed some ballast quickly and welded up a frame and rear wheel weights to fit the 3 point. Guessing it weighs 750 lbs or so but it sets back a little which gives it a little leverage. I need to mount some wheel weights on my tractor and once I do that I won't need it any more and can probably sell it. If you are in Wichita I'm in the next county North of you.

Oh wow, really wish you had posted a couple of days ago, I ordered a ballast and it arrived today.