What Lowes free delivery cost me.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
I ordered a washer and dryer from Lowes with "free delivery". Instead of backing down the driveway, they pulled down to the house. They suddenly realized that the truck was too big to turn around. I explained to them that they were going to have to back out, otherwise the truck would get off the hardpack and sink. This is when it all went to hell.

My JD 4320 was snorting like a bull, but I got them out. Not only did I chew up my driveway, but the truck also ruined the sides of the drive where I mow. To top It off I had to get the appliances from the truck and take the old ones back to the road.

Looking back, I should have told them to call a tow truck, and while you're waiting swap out my appliances. The look on my face says it all.

20230211_174748.jpg
20230211_175908.jpg

20230211_175926.jpg
20230211_173718.jpg

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #2  
How the he77 did they get so far off the driveway, their white cane break?

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #3  
That's messed up right there some people just will not listen

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #4  
I have found most delivery drivers and appliance installers to be incompetent. I ONCE had a my wife convince me of a “great deal” from a discount store on a dishwasher. The humans (and thats about where it ends) that delivered it were the furthest thing in the world from professional.
They undressed the packaging in my entrance foyer with box cutters. Should have been done outside. Then they dragged the DW across the floor, scratching my hardwood (not heavily, but can see from the right angle).
Then the “installer” couldn’t figure out how to turn my DW breaker off or on, so I had to be there for them. None could communicate without some kind of urban lingo I’m not familiar with.
Called and complained and got a modest coupon.

No more delivery onto my property from animals like that. I’ll have real professionals from a local appliance vendor do it. Went back to my local appliance store and won’t change from them, even though its a few bucks more.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #5  
New York state. I'm very surprised to see that your driveway is not frozen - hard as a rock. I have a mile long gravel driveway. I have a very large turn around area. Big enough for a full sized semi or concrete truck.

It's a shame they tore it up. Shouldn't take a whole lot to affect repairs.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #6  
I ordered a washer and dryer from Lowes with "free delivery". Instead of backing down the driveway, they pulled down to the house. They suddenly realized that the truck was too big to turn around. I explained to them that they were going to have to back out, otherwise the truck would get off the hardpack and sink. This is when it all went to hell.

My JD 4320 was snorting like a bull, but I got them out. Not only did I chew up my driveway, but the truck also ruined the sides of the drive where I mow. To top It off I had to get the appliances from the truck and take the old ones back to the road.

Looking back, I should have told them to call a tow truck, and while you're waiting swap out my appliances. The look on my face says it all.

View attachment 783572 View attachment 783573

View attachment 783574 View attachment 783575
Ouch! If it was me, my first reaction would've been like yours - to "help out" with my tractor but... your last option would've been better. Tractor? what tractor? "You guys got in there, you get yourself out..."

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #7  
Wow, that is quite awful.
I won't complain about the deep ruts they leave when they try to turn around in my shared road, vs. using the driveway circle which is big enough for a school bus.

You should send them a bill on your lawyers letterhead!

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #8  
Big Brown got stuck in my driveway once. Slid off into the snow bank. I pulled them out with my tractor. My insurance man advised - be careful. You DO NOT have - a towing business nor insurance to cover towing accidents.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #9  
Prime example of why I do almost everything for home, vehicle, and farm equipment maintenance and repairs. And will continue to do so as long as I'm able.
I got burned 15 years ago on a vehicle repair, and have turned every wrench on my stuff since, only exception being mounting/balancing tires. If I ever need major HVAC work done in my home, I may have to contract that out. Otherwise, its simply not worth weeding thru the morons to find a decent craftsman these days.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to be blessed with the skills and abilities I may have, but it's a crying shame that basic skills and common sense are so rare these days.