What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #11  
Time for a quick update, being the tightwad that I am. I picked up a 14PB at the scrape yard (located about a block from where I work). They called it dirty aluminum and charge me $25. The engine is a Kawasaki FC150VB 54116. I don't know what the PB stands for. Can anyone tell me what I bought? No self propelled? The engine turns over and look fairly clean. The handle where in connects to the mower body is egged out and the bolts are just flopping in the air. I thought I'd come up with a bolt on the body bracket of my own to hang the handle pivot on. bjr

You have a Push Mower with the Blade Brake. It is a 5.0 hp engine. I have had a 14SB that I bought new in 1996 for almost $700.00. I put the optional oil filter adapter on when I first got it. It became my trim mower last year after a move to a new house with two acres. Now I ride to mow.:) Just regular maintenance and it should last forever.

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #12  
I bought my 14SB new about 15 years ago and it is still running great! Sadly I do not think there is anything in the current JD mower line up that compares to it. I would probably get a Honda or a Toro if I ever need to replace it.

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind
Well I spent 5-6 hrs. on the old girl, but, I wound up with a pretty good mower. I've a oxy-acetlyne set and a welder and a drill press and some 5/16" and 3/8" bolts and every is tight and working properly. The original bolts sure came off hard though, snap off a couple trying to hard, but, was able to replace. That Kawasaki engine runs great and starts nearly first pull. Now on to trying to rebuild the old 3304 Dixon, what a PITA. bjr

/ What mower replaces the JD 14SB walk behind #14  
I recently picked up a scrapped jd 14pb as well. I purchased the maint. Kit for it and was wondering where the oil drain plug is in this Kawasaki motor. Thanks for the help!