what on earth does electricity cost near you?

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #11  
Heat to 60 and cool to 80.

That's funny - the minute I read that I thought "must be from someone who's in New England"!

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #12  
My suggestion is to find a house with natural gas. Electric will do nothing but go up in price as regulations and pollution controls become stiffer. The easy and abundance shale gas now has brought NG to a stable price for years to come. I have no option for NG so I have a ultra high efficient heat pump and primarily heat with good olé black locust. Stay far away from resistant electric heat which may be your heat source in the apartment. Cheap to install and landlord not paying the bill.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #13  
When buying a house. Look for 1 that is insulated well, windows, doors etc, This along with keeping the inside temps reasonable should help.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #14  
I work on the water and waste what side of a local city utility that also has electric, gas, and telecom. There electric rates vary based on time of day and total usage. It also varies depending on whether you are a commercial or residential user. The rate goes down at night, and goes up the more you use (say $5 for the first X amount; $8 per after)

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #15  
my last bill for December as over 500 CDN heat with electricity

14 cents per KWH plus delivery charges , debt reduction , 10 % for hydro losses, HST , etc .....

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you?
my last bill for December as over 500 CDN heat with electricity

14 cents per KWH plus delivery charges , debt reduction , 10 % for hydro losses, HST , etc .....

What size is your home

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #17  
Right now, they owe me bit over $1,000 due to the amount of solar I back feed to them.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #18  
Firewood is highly considered especially in a fireplace in a main room where the heat and flames can be enjoyed directly and the garage I would like to heat with wood to keep my tractor warm and be able to repair my own vehicles out of the -14ー outside temps.

A fireplace will suck more heat out of your house than it will put in. Have you ever heated with wood? There's much work involved. Cutting, splitting, hauling, lifting several times.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #19  
My "average" cost, just dividing bill by usage, ranges from $0.0093 to $0.012, depending on how much i use. This last bill was unexpectedly high usage (60% more kwh used than same period last year), so I'm currently trying to track down if I have a malfunctioning piece of equipment. This is in southeast va. While we did have a couple cold snaps, the average temp is not that different than it was last year.
Keith
A penny per KWHr is awfully good. Where you live is the place to be.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #20  
A fireplace will suck more heat out of your house than it will put in. Have you ever heated with wood? There's much work involved. Cutting, splitting, hauling, lifting several times.
What??? So I should use my fireplace in the summer time instead of my air conditioner? :confused3: