what ply tire for front of 3150

/ what ply tire for front of 3150 #1  

bsrfarms97

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3150
I'm wondering, if anyone can tell me what ply tire does John Deere recommends on the front of the 3150 with a FEL? Its had 13.6-28s 4ply from when I bought it.

/ what ply tire for front of 3150 #2  
For FEL use, I would recommend 8 ply minmum.

/ what ply tire for front of 3150 #3  
I agree that the 8 ply would be my choice. Have run a 60 horse white for years with the 6-plys that came on it. A friend suggested that the tires would still be there after I had broken the spindles off the axles. The more aggresive you are with the loader and the type of terrain you travel over has alot to do with how the tires hold up. Front wheel assist puts additional stresses on also. Look at some of the older industrial tractors. The weight of the front axles alone would require 6 ply.

/ what ply tire for front of 3150 #4  
I'll say minimum 6ply, but more is better. Might want to check the weight rating of 4,6 and 8ply then make your decision.

/ what ply tire for front of 3150
I actually purchased two 8 ply tires yesterday. When I took the tire off the rim on the 4 ply tire the inside was split in several places where the tire actually broke down. Something else everyone should check before purchasing a tractor is the tires. Make sure they are sufficient for what type work you are gonna be doing.