What rope do you like? What knots?

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #31  
I think its very interesting to watch arborist videos discussing the different type of knots they use. The skill to quickly tie a knot that holds and yet untie it with minimal effort is a time saver.

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #32  
Do you have a comeAlong? With one of them, an arborist rope and a 4ft section of 3/8 cordage you can do a ton of aerial tree work on trees that have the ability to be dropped whole.

Never seen to much mud in the top of a tree.

Op never pointed out he would go to the top of a tree he said general purpose and moving large objects who know what that means, it can means anything... I simply wanted to point out if mud and water is present some rope care is required afterwards like washing and drying.

For general purpose use, which I think includes moving large objects (maybe with snatch blocks in the mix) and pulling trees over, I like braided polyester arborist's rope. It has the right mix of properties, in the rope world of compromises.

What kind of (non wire) rope do you use?

While on the subject, what knots do you use? I should learn some. Maybe one bend and one hitch?

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #33  
I watch alot of the videos on various knots and their purposes. Specifically the clinch type knots where trying to tie something and have the line TIGHT.

Like stringing up the kids volley ball net. Or tying the hunting blind down to stakes. Or tying something in a truck or trailer.

Because a series of overhand knots (or a square knot) is hard to keep the line tight while synching up the knot and it leaves a line looser than I like...

But in reality.....in the heat of the moment when tying down.....I totally forget how to tie these fancy knots and it ends up just being a series of random wraps, twists, whatever. Like a 5-year old playing with rope and making a knot. No two ever the same...... :ROFLMAO: Thatis my sad reality with knots and ropes

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #34  
I watch alot of the videos on various knots and their purposes. Specifically the clinch type knots where trying to tie something and have the line TIGHT.

My grandfather was one of those "life-long" Boy Scouts. Went from scouting as a kid in the 1910's and 20's, into leadership in the 30's up thru the 70's, and was involved with Scouting for something like 70 years in total. He used to teach their knots course.

I remember him telling me once that one of the kids who'd just taken his knots course and learned the "hangman's knot" then used it to hang himself. After that, he stopped teaching that particular knot as part of the course.

/ What rope do you like? What knots?
   / What rope do you like? What knots?
" ain't she a beaut" ?
There's one like that about turning an orange into a peach. You start out with a towel wrapped over the orange, and twist it tighter and tighter. Of course, your hands are doing all the twisting on the orange end, so you have to hold the other end somewhere.

Finally, you say, "Ain't that a peach?"

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #37  
There's one like that about turning an orange into a peach. You start out with a towel wrapped over the orange, and twist it tighter and tighter. Of course, your hands are doing all the twisting on the orange end, so you have to hold the other end somewhere.

Finally, you say, "Ain't that a peach?"
:LOL: Always a little good fun.

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #38  
Mule tape is impressively strong rope.

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #39  

Like stringing up the kids volley ball net. Or tying the hunting blind down to stakes. Or tying something in a truck or trailer.

Because a series of overhand knots (or a square knot) is hard to keep the line tight while synching up the knot and it leaves a line looser than I like...

But in reality.....in the heat of the moment when tying down.....I totally forget how to tie these fancy knots and it ends up just being a series of random wraps, twists, whatever. Like a 5-year old playing with rope and making a knot. No two ever the same...... :ROFLMAO: Thatis my sad reality with knots and ropes
And that's why most of us have a pile of ratchet straps... :)

/ What rope do you like? What knots? #40  
Rope ratchets are also very handy in some situations where you need to take up a lot of slack.