What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D?

/ What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D? #1  

GeeVee

Bronze Member
Tractor
MT 372 D, ASV RC30
I have a 410 CCA battery in mine, but dang, its a slow turning thing. I have recently had to have the starter worked on to replace the plastic gear cup. I think I will have the alternator worked over too pretty soon. And re-fresh the cables and shine up the connections.

Since there is ample room, I may be headed to a larger 750CCA, just because.

Anyone viewing this thread looking for info? Bill at Valley Power has Manuals for sale- just buy them if you need them. He does answer the phone and lurk here occasionally, so don't disregard his resource.....

My little girl usually runs pretty good with a 4' bushhog, and I don't usually have issues that require mechanical parts or repairs. Currently fighting water in my trans/hydro because I disregarded leaving it in the rain. New thread.

GV

/ What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D? #2  
CCA does not correlate to battery size...

/ What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D?
So Caustic, How many amos are you giving it to start it? It's about 6 inches x 9 inches by 12 inches. I got room for more with top posts or side posts. Lots of space.

GV

/ What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D? #4  
So Caustic, How many amos are you giving it to start it? It's about 6 inches x 9 inches by 12 inches. I got room for more with top posts or side posts. Lots of space.

GV
I use a BCI 22NF size myself, your sounds like BCI 21 size.

Edit: for size ref: BCI Battery Group Size Chart

Each size comes in different CCA depending on chemistry type.

/ What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D? #5  
Personally I'd measure the available space and install the largest battery that would fit - but that's just me.

/ What size battery are you using in your Mits MT 372D? #7  
I echo that, often very little $ difference for more cranking.
Maybe; RV, Marine, and glass core versions all have vastly higher CCA but cost a lot more.

If you are electrically inclined you can build a super cap and lithium cranking battery fairly cheap. That is what those 12V and tiny jumping packs are. $25-$100 will get you in the 1000-2000 CCA range for a few cranks.