What size impact sockets are needed?

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #21  
Hence the title " What size impact sockets are needed?".
My new impact wrench, DEWALT DCF900P1, specs up to 1400 breakout.
That impact wrench is 1/2" drive so buy 1/2" drive sockets. It's cheaper to buy the sets but you'll find that you'll only use a couple of sizes on that monster. It's too big and heavy to get it into tight spaces. Great for pulling wheels but not the right tool for changing spark plugs on a lawnmower. I have the same one and use it on wheels mostly. I have an 13/16 and 3/4 flip socket with a short extension. That fits most lug nuts around here.

I also have the 3/8 drive compact version as well as the 1/4 hex driver. I find myself using the 1/4 hex driver for most everything. Adapters are plentiful so I can use a variety of bits and sockets with it. I've got a few battery rachets too. No single tool is good for all uses. ;)

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #22  
...you'll find that you'll only use a couple of sizes on that monster. It's too big and heavy to get it into tight spaces.

I also have the 3/8 drive compact version as well as the 1/4 hex driver. I find myself using the 1/4 hex driver for most everything.
Ditto. My 1/4" hex 18V driver is like a third hand, always by my side, I don't use the 1/2" for nearly as much. But when it does come out of the drawer, it's always for a worthy cause.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #23  
Ditto. My 1/4" hex 18V driver is like a third hand, always by my side, I don't use the 1/2" for nearly as much. But when it does come out of the drawer, it's always for a worthy cause.

Pressing out ball joints, ujoints, engine mounts, lag bolts, large tapcons. I have done a few jobs that would still need to be done if I didnt have a torch and a high torque impact.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #24  
If it's branded 'Milwaukee', I run away quick. 'Milwaukee' stuff is over priced generally.

I don’t disagree but Milwaukee has it going on with the packet cases. Most other cheaper sockets have seriously lacking containers.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #25  
That case would be broken in 3 days in our work environment. lol

Anything can be broken but the packout cases are pretty good.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #26  
Anything can be broken but the packout cases are pretty good.
I've got three of the DeWalt T-Stak II cases. The price fluctuates. I don't think I paid more than $17 for them. During COVID I saw them as high as $29. They're strong and stackable. You can even latch them together. And you can get a foam insert for them too to customize for various tools.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #27  
I have gotten impact sockets at the local Habitat For Humanity stores. They range from 6/$1 to $1 each. Many are US made and some are Chinese. At those prices I have backups for my backups. My monster Makita 1/2" impact hasn't broken one yet. Tekton and Gearwrench will warranty their stuff with a picture in an email. I do have a 3/4" set for the big stuff.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #28  
Any tool will break. They are no better than the guarantee and who you bought them from. Try taking a broke Craftsman tool to Lowes or Ace Hardware without the receipt from 10 years ago.

/ What size impact sockets are needed?
Yup, axle nuts are bigger for sure. My Dodge transfer cases have had 30 and 32 mm plugs. I just buy the bigger ones as needed.
Also have some over 1 1/4 on the tractors...

My regular socket set goes to 1.5” which is usually good enough.

Goes from 15/16 up to 2".
So it's been about a week and there doesn't seem to be much mention of size needed above 1.5.
So thanks guys, I'll just buy some adapters and get the larger size sockets when I need them.
I found a Torque Test Channel video on adapters which indicated going up or down 1 size in adapter only gave a 7% hit to the torque.

/ What size impact sockets are needed? #30  
I have a Capri tools 1/2” impact set from Amazon. It has deep and shallow sockets 7/16 to 1-1/4 and 10-24 mm and some extensions. Decent quality, made in Tawain. The set covers most of my uses except for a few larger sizes that I get in 3/4 from Northern Tool. I use the 3/4 drive ones with an adapter on my Dewalt impact or with a 40” breaker bar with what ever length of cheater pipe is needed to get the job done.