What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD?

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #21  
I too am looking for a cutter and am looking at the same criteria as Guido. I am also cutting in East TN (outside Crossville). I've been looking at the Titan 1607C as well as the Titan 1808P. I like the 1607C 3 pt in that it has a thicker deck and a thicker stump jumper than the 1808P. However, I will be cutting on some really steep slopes and an concerned about stress b/t cutter and PTO.

Lastly, I'm on a budget and I understand that quality costs and prices go way up the wider the cut. The areas I'm cutting have not been cut in at least a year, maybe 2 since last cutting. I'll be pulling behind my Kubota M7060HD12.

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #22  
good 8' twin spindles are expensive. my advice is not to cut corners on the duty service of a brush hog like that. gearbox rated duty, deck gauge & construction, & weight are all important.

having said that, whether pull type or 3ph, your tractor is far better suited for twin spindle than the OP's 5660. given his tractor, i still maintain a heavy duty 6' hog would be better suited. best of luck shopping, show pics when you get one. assume you have loaded rear tires.... apologize, i can't help you with the name brands you mention. mine is a Rhino Turbo 96 @2000 lbs $5600 10 yrs ago

Last edited:
   / What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #23  
good 8' twin spindles are expensive. my advice is not to cut corners on the duty service of a brush hog like that. gearbox rated duty, deck gauge & construction, & weight are all important.

having said that, whether pull type or 3ph, your tractor is far better suited for twin spindle than the OP's 5660. given his tractor, i still maintain a heavy duty 6' hog would be better suited. best of luck shopping, show pics when you get one. assume you have loaded rear tires.... apologize, i can't help you with the name brands you mention. mine is a Rhino Turbo 96 @2000 lbs $5600 10 yrs ago
Picked up this 2014 barn find last month. It was only used twice. Covered in dust. I bought it for half price of new, pressure washed it off...and bam! Love it! 20180911_172837.jpeg

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #24  
yeah boy, you got a dandy lifetime purchase
what is the lift capacity of your pull behind? don't know much about them

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #25  
That's a nice one for sure..

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD?
I too am looking for a cutter and am looking at the same criteria as Guido. I am also cutting in East TN (outside Crossville). I've been looking at the Titan 1607C as well as the Titan 1808P. I like the 1607C 3 pt in that it has a thicker deck and a thicker stump jumper than the 1808P. However, I will be cutting on some really steep slopes and an concerned about stress b/t cutter and PTO.

Lastly, I'm on a budget and I understand that quality costs and prices go way up the wider the cut. The areas I'm cutting have not been cut in at least a year, maybe 2 since last cutting. I'll be pulling behind my Kubota M7060HD12.

That’s pretty ironic, I’m outside of Harriman!

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #27  
That’s pretty ironic, I’m outside of Harriman!

Guido,
I sent you a private message that may help you in your search. We're fairly close to each other and I imagine it might help considering close proximity.

/ What size rotary cutter for M5660SUHD? #28  
I think it would depend on what your mowing as well. I have a jd5400 64pto I can clip pastures with a 15ft all day long. I have a 10ft for the thick stuff. I would think an 8ft would be fine for you tractor. Bigger mean done faster too hahah