What size service wire for new workshop

/ What size service wire for new workshop #71  
I think typically electric co. owns the xfmr. Only cases I have seen that the utility didnt own is larger commercial sites.

Round be, utility owns TO the meter AND supplys the meter and base. These meter bases have a main breaker, a contractor 20A GFCI breaker and outlet, and room for a second main breaker. The electric company makes trip and energizes everything. From there on, its up to the homeowner or homeowner hired electrician to run the service and tie into the main breaker. Since its a breaker and can be shut off, this eliminates the need for multiple trips from the utility to pull and reset the meter everytime something changes, or going from temp service to permanent.

/ What size service wire for new workshop #72  
Interesting... I just sent an e-mail to the family that build my home in Washington... they have not owned it for years but designed and built it.

In Oakland the owner supplies everything but the meter and the pole drop... once signed off by the city the power company pops in the meter...

/ What size service wire for new workshop #73  
There are a million differences in how power is run throughout the country. I live on the border of WI/MN, and have done a few houses in both states. It varies by city/county and power company. No set rules, other than the basic code stuff. Some require you to buy the meter socket from the utility. Others tell you what to buy from any local electric supply house. Others just come out and put it in and you go from there. With no set rules, the only rule is to call and check how they handle it, then go from there. Most times they are helpful, but you can run into the occasional Nazi... start by calling and asking...