What size wrenches for loader hose fittings?

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #11  
I know that you said you weren't in the market for a set of wrenches, but...

SUPER WRENCH SET

I just bought a set + one size larger, and they will get into darn-near anywhere AND attach to darn-near anything. Investment, IMHO. :thumbsup:
You went to the AG show and spent all your stash cash !

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #12  
I recommend getting the thinner, shorter type made for working on hydraulics:

s-l1000.jpg

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #13  
Na, I wouldn't buy a set of wrenches. Just buy one. Then when you discover you need another one to hold the fitting from twisting while trying to loosen, you can buy another one. Then when you discover you need a different size for the next fitting you can buy another one. And then another one....

After a few trips to town, and two weeks later, you'll have your fittings loose.:D

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings?
Adjustable spanner should work.
No, the problem is for the loader, there are 4 lines all close together. There isn't enough clearance between them for a Crescent wrench or even an open end wrench to turn the fittings. I bought combination wrenches (box/open end) in 19mm and 22mm.

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #15  
You went to the AG show and spent all your stash cash !

:laughing: I do confess that I did buy a set at the local AG Show. (I even posted a thread about it) I've already used a few of them and they work as demonstrated and, as I don't have a pipe wrench in my 'collection', they will perform that function too.

I'm not spruiking them, just passing on an option.

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #16  
I know that you said you weren't in the market for a set of wrenches, but...

SUPER WRENCH SET
I have a couple of similar ones, like this:

T1UB5sFApiXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_210x210.jpg

and keep them in the drawer next to my vise. Also SAE and Metric dogbone wrenches in that drawer. With these at hand its simple to chuck something in the vise and dis-assemble it without puzzling over which size wrench I need.

However - these 'universal' wrenches exert a lot of crushing force. The proper size open end or box wrench is a better choice for hydraulic fittings etc.

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #17  
Flare nut wrenches and/ or crows foot socket attachments may work. That's why I have to keep buying larger tool boxes. The thin wrenches shown above for hydraulics are the cat's meow also. Now you know why the mechanics at your dealer have those big roll away tool dispensers and the dealer charges $125/hr or more for shop time. Shop time on construction equipment around here starts at $175/hr.

Ron

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #18  
while you're buying an inexpensive set of wrenches pick up a $20 set of digital calipers. Then you'll know whwat size wrench you need next time.:)

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #19  
No, the problem is for the loader, there are 4 lines all close together. There isn't enough clearance between them for a Crescent wrench or even an open end wrench to turn the fittings. I bought combination wrenches (box/open end) in 19mm and 22mm.

Combination wrenches; just grind them thinner. Got a few like that in my tool box.

/ What size wrenches for loader hose fittings? #20  
No, the problem is for the loader, there are 4 lines all close together. There isn't enough clearance between them for a Crescent wrench or even an open end wrench
My solution for that was disconnect the tabs securing the lines to the loader arm, and move the line out from its neighboring lines to make enough clearance for the open end wrench.