What TBN use to be like

/ What TBN use to be like #221  
I wonder who started the Gear vs HST debate... :confused3::D:D:D

I think I may have been guilty of starting that quite a time ago,under my own name but I lost all my passwords and stuff and was computerless for quite a while so I re-joined when we sold our farm and moved up here to Bundaberg.

/ What TBN use to be like #224  
I wonder who started the Gear vs HST debate... :confused3::D:D:D

I think I may have been guilty of starting that quite a time ago,under my own name but I lost all my passwords and stuff and was computerless for quite a while so I re-joined when we sold our farm and moved up here to Bundaberg.

I think there has been more than one Gear vs HST debate but a good doctor from SC started a very long running and entertaining thread on the discussion. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ What TBN use to be like #225  
:thumbsup:

respect. Boy that would be nice. Perhaps Aretha Franklin should sing it again.

I am very hesitant to post in the Front Porch any more because several folk there feel
personally obligated to not only attack the ideas presented, but often including a totally unnecessary
personal attack to top off the message. Very antagonistic, no matter how smart they are.

I'll stick with the welding forum, where I am a newbie with everything to learn, and other mechanical issues.
Maybe there was some brand harping going on there before, but I've always found the welding guys super helpful
and just as nice as can be.

just like we teach our kids, let's respect each other and try to keep the Golden Rule in mind.
Now I know that's utterly impossible for the Ford-Chevy-Dodge guys, and maybe even for the greens and reds and oranges and...
One can always get one's point across without being nasty or getting personal. Or not apparently.

I can't wait to log on and see "what's new". Nobody got their tractor or combine stuck today? Ok. Any engines fail today? Ok.
Any new pics of welds to aspire to? Who just got their dream tractor delivered? Is "Joe" feeling better today?
all the normal stuff. And yes, once in a while we all should welcome new members.

And what I think is really neat is that more and more lady farmers are posting. They're smart, they don't go past the Front Porch,
since they know it's a non-alcoholic saloon in there...:D

I also think that MarkCuda brought up a core issue here, and I don't think he was being insensitive about it.
I've been on this forum only about a year, and I've made what I feel are about a dozen new friends. Many
personal messages. Now these aren't "inner circle" friends, but I'd invite any of those folk into my home
with nothing but delight. I think that's part of the fun of this forum. In some ways like traveling without going anywhere when
someone from Canada or France or UK or Australia chimes in.

And I hope over the years I get to make more friends here. That's something to look forward to. Looking back only gets you so far...
As long as we learn from things.

Last edited:
   / What TBN use to be like #226  
respect. Boy that would be nice. Perhaps Aretha Franklin should sing it again.

I am very hesitant to post in the Front Porch any more because several folk there feel
personally obligated to not only attack the ideas presented, but often including a totally unnecessary
personal attack to top off the message. Very antagonistic, no matter how smart they are.

I'll stick with the welding forum, where I am a newbie with everything to learn, and other mechanical issues.
Maybe there was some brand harping going on there before, but I've always found the welding guys super helpful
and just as nice as can be.

just like we teach our kids, let's respect each other and try to keep the Golden Rule in mind.
Now I know that's utterly impossible for the Ford-Chevy-Dodge guys, and maybe even for the greens and reds and oranges and...
One can always get one's point across without being nasty or getting personal. Or not apparently.

I can't wait to log on and see "what's new". Nobody got their tractor or combine stuck today? Ok. Any engines fail today? Ok.
Any new pics of welds to aspire to? Who just got their dream tractor delivered? Is "Joe" feeling better today?
all the normal stuff. And yes, once in a while we all should welcome new members.

And what I think is really neat is that more and more lady farmers are posting. They're smart, they don't go past the Front Porch,
since they know it's a non-alcoholic saloon in there...:D

I also think that MarkCuda brought up a core issue here, and I don't think he was being insensitive about it.
I've been on this forum only about a year, and I've made what I feel are about a dozen new friends. Many
personal messages. Now these aren't "inner circle" friends, but I'd invite any of those folk into my home
with nothing but delight. I think that's part of the fun of this forum. In some ways like traveling without going anywhere when
someone from Canada or France or UK or Australia chimes in.

And I hope over the years I get to make more friends here. That's something to look forward to. Looking back only gets you so far...
As long as we learn from things.

Agree very well put. Thumbs up

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ What TBN use to be like #227  
Thanks David.
Though I seriously am thinking of changing my avatar name to Windbag... :eek:
Drew