What the ????

/ What the ???? #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
Here locally our little league baseball team made it to the finals of the Little League World Series. They did not make the finals though. [sad]. Anyway I just read in the paper this weekend that Quest was suspending the Coach because he didn't come back when his boss told him to. Evidently his boss said they needed him back and he wouldn't be able to coach his team in the finals. The coach said no and when they got home he was suspended without pay. Really does take all kinds doesn't it? Here's the article.

August 23, 2001--A trip to the Little LeagueWorld Series may cost the team's coach two weeks pay.

Matt Kolar says his employer, the telephone company Qwest, suspended him for 'job abandonment'. The company called him back to work in the middle of his trip to Williamsport, Pennsylvania. He stayed to coach the team.

Now, Qwest has suspended Kolar for two weeks without pay. Kolar and his union plans to appeal the company's decision.

Qwest had given Kolar the time off last year for the first trip to the World Series for the Davenport east team. He told the company that he would need the time off again this year.

NewsChannel 8 contacted Qwest, but no one was available to discuss the situation.

The team lost three games in pool play this past week, and returned home on Thursday morning.

CITY BY CITY ONLINE - Choose Your State

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ What the ???? #2  
Sounds like local management isn't too bright when it comes to community relations and public relations, which is an important part of any business. I suspect someone higher up may not appreciate how the locals got them bad publicity.

/ What the ???? #3  
What a bunch of morons... Besides not just doing the right thing, this is a great way to kill a corporate public image that I am sure they spend tons of $$ to maintain.

I am a manger at one of these big mega companies... We would have done this different. I would have put the guys picture along with the team on the cover of the company internal magazine and written a artical on Work-Life-Balance, called the local news to give them a story and get them to ask for donations to the local little league, AND then I would have paid the bill for the whole darn trip for the team... Geeeshhh....Morons. Not all big companies take such a narrow minded view of life.

/ What the ???? #4  
Boy Doc, sure makes you wonder about some people. Are there any other options for phone service in the area. Me be thinking that a bunch of locals changing service providers might make a point.

MarkV

/ What the ???? #6  
RMulkey!!! I've got just one thing to say about your post!!!!!!
Are you hiring??????????/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What the ???? #7  
A sad but true fact in corporate life nowdays.

What matters most is the bottom line? Company goodwill is measured by advertising at major ballparks or what is PC. "Small time" stuff like that is ignored.