What things are important on a new tractor?

/ What things are important on a new tractor? #21  
wvtechs said:
Does welding a reinforcement bar (angle iron) across the top of the bucket and adding chain hooks affect the manufacturers warranty? I am ordering a new Mahindra 3215 and am interested in adding them, but don't want to void the warranty.

In my case, I supplied the hooks and the dealer welded them onto the bucket. Did the same thing three years ago when I bought a new Kubota B7510HST/LA302 FEL. No effect on warranty in either case.

/ What things are important on a new tractor? #22  
Your situation is very similiar to mine. 25ac mostly flat. Pasture grows rocks constantly. And I'm redoing the driveway. I did a lot of research before hand and also looked at what my budget would allow. I settled on a JD 5103 (40pto hp), 512 loader with a 73" bucket, 6ft rotory mower and a 6ft box blade. So far I'm not unhappy at all with my selection. Other things mentioned are niceaties and I can always add them later if I need them. BTW I'm in central Texas so weather is similiar in many ways.

Projects in the works;
Crown and finish drive.
Build stock pond.
Build new barn.
Clear cedar from pasture.
And many many more.

/ What things are important on a new tractor? #23  
KevinPeter said:
The "how important" list:
- Rear hydraulic remotes? AT LEAST ONE SET, TWO BETTER
- Cruise Control? PLUS/MINUS UNLESS YOU MOW A LOT
- Reinforcing blade on the FEL? SAVES BUCKET LIFE BUT NOT CRITICAL
- Self-leveling on the loader? NOT THAT USEFUL UNLESS YOU LIFT DIRT/GRAVEL HIGH A LOT
- Cab? FOR EXTREME TEMPERATURES VERY NICE OTHERWISE NOT IMPORTANT
- 6' or bigger cutter? 6FT OK FOR 40HP. BIGGER FASTER BUT UNWEILDY
- Welded-on chain hooks onto bucket - center & each end? USEFUL
- Extendable rear 3pt arms vs. fixed? EXTENDABLE EASIER TO ATTACH

The "what is it and how important" list:
- Cast wheel centers? NOT
- Additional functions on the front loader - what possible? EXTRA HYDRAULIC VALVE OR DIVERTER TO ALLOW GRAPPLE OR 4N1 FUNCTION IS VERY USEFUL
- Rear Tires loaded w/ Rimguard? OR WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID
- Shuttle type?
- Live power PTO? YES

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it so much.
Kevin

Lots of good questions. My opinions in caps.

(Edit: Dang, caught answering a six month old thread again.:eek: Wish TBN has some sort of warning system to keep us from doing this)