What to do with the money?

/ What to do with the money? #11  
FWIW, giving to some organization means they'll use part of that $100 for administrative costs that keep the organization going. If you can find some person that actually needs $100 to pay their rent or buy groceries or whatever to actually live, that $100 may have more of an impact in that person's life.

I can tell you are not a business man with no concept on reinvesting the profits...

/ What to do with the money? #12  
I'm just a guy who was told about the fundraising head of a nonprofit take his crew out to a nice dinner on the organization's tab and then we just received a letter saying they need donations.

On the other hand, I just ran into a young lady in the grocery store who was very grateful for the help she received after her family's home burned this past Christmas who wasn't asking for anything.

/ What to do with the money? #14  
I can tell you are not a business man with no concept on reinvesting the profits...
there is plenty of none profit who take advantage of their donation and invest very little to what they are suppose to, its well known.

Last edited:
   / What to do with the money? #15  
Gifts are an interesting topic.
My wife's birthday is tomorrow, 70th. My 97 yo Mother wants to know what to give her & knowing my wife 52 years I said a $5 to $10 flower she can plant. One neighbor has known us 50 years ago texted me she's baking her a birthday cake. She knows my wife is diabetic and can't eat cake. It's the thought that counts and it's more meaningful to the giver than recipient most always.
A strange one to me is another neighbor who is an excavator. He sometimes works for free or charges based on how much money he believes the person has, including friends and neighbors.

/ What to do with the money? #16  
how rich is Sandra ? if she has a hard time getting by I would gift the money back to her for her birthday or do you know someone who has a hard time getting by ? perhaps your disable friend ?... if not the case I personally would donate it to kids sport or your local hospital fund for kids something like that.

Last edited:
   / What to do with the money? #17  
Some folks suggested purchasing the sister something for the garden, as a continuation of the birthday wishes; I like that. I'd do that with the remainder, after I did top off the diesel used.

/ What to do with the money? #18  
For the record I wouldn't judge you if use that money for fuel for your tractor and keep helping your neighbors ... in life you win some and loose some this time you won... but I commend you for wanting to donate it.

/ What to do with the money? #19  
Kindness from the heart from both sides. (y)

/ What to do with the money? #20  
there is plenty of none profit who take advantage of their donation and invest very little to what they are suppose to, its well known.
My wife donates to some horse rescue organizations. One day this "lady"(?) calls my wife fussing because she didn't receive wife's $50 check!!! Actually cussed my wife! That was the end of that.