What to look for when buying used

/ What to look for when buying used #11  
You will find this in many threads but sit on the tractor. How does the lay out work for you? Then operate the tractor and but sure the layout still works for you.

I have bought a used Kubota sight unseen from the dealer who sold it new over the phone. Had bought a new one from him about two years previous. He called me when it came out his shop for fluid changes to tell me the hours were like 300 and not the 250 he thought it was. No problem, tractor was all he said it was. Bought a Volvo excavator same way and again as represented totally. Two years ago bought a JD tractor from dealer I was new too and his recommendation again right on. Have bought new and nothing against it but buying used has worked for me as well as new has as to th equality of the machine but ALL have been with either Volvo director or dealerships with great reputations.

If I were buying from an individual would be more cautious for while they may be honest they may not be as up on noticing something that needs attention and if buying from a dealers nothing improper to ask who the owner was and calling them. If they can not or will not supply that info might be good idea to move on.