What tractor fits this mower?

/ What tractor fits this mower? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Found a case In MWX 84R mower and I want to use it for a specific cutting task. I like it because of its size and rear discharge.
So what tractors fit this mower? Only ones I know are DX35-45.
How about the farmalls?
Anyone know any other models?

/ What tractor fits this mower? #2  
Found a case In MWX 84R mower and I want to use it for a specific cutting task. I like it because of its size and rear discharge.
So what tractors fit this mower? Only ones I know are DX35-45.
How about the farmalls?
Anyone know any other models?

212 Case IH MWX 84" Mower Deck | IRON Search

Serial #
Key Details:
84in under deck mower
includes all mounting hardware
4 blade deck
fits Case-IH DX series & Farmall series 35
40&45 hp. models. Mid mount PTO kit also available to complete unit

/ What tractor fits this mower? #3  
Here is a picture of the deck:

969343-1.jpg

/ What tractor fits this mower?
what did you go for?

Nothing, yet.
Hopelessly stuck between a DX-45 with loader & 84" MMM or a Toolcat with a front twin spindle mower.
DX45 MMM scenario cheaper but has no side by side and easy transport on trailer.
Toolcat scenario costs more.

/ What tractor fits this mower? #6  
What else would you use the Toolcat for, that would justify the higher cost?

Here are some of our other uses:

P6190017.JPG

P6190028.JPG

P7020032.JPG

P7020030.JPG

I would like the side by side feature and the cab forward feel. I have some neck issues from sports that cause me pain from constantly turning around. I have a 200HP JCB with a Pottinger front mower that saves me a lot of turning around compared to a pull type discbine. I look at the toolcat as a way to mow with the mower ahead of me. The DX45 would have a MMM, which is almost as good, but much more difficult to clean!

I have much larger equipment to do those tasks or the DX45 would have a loader and could probably lift as much as the toolcat.
Each one has its advantages, but the toolcat runs more equipment off the front, the DX45 off the back.

Another possibility would be a rubber track skid steer, but then the side by side feature is gone. So is the side door access, unless it's a JCB robot.

/ What tractor fits this mower? #8  
Each one has its advantages, but the toolcat runs more equipment off the front, the DX45 off the back.

The Toolcat 5610 Has a 25 hp hydraulic PTO And a Category 1 three point hitch on the back. I have used a friend's post hole digger on the back, but was helping him, so didn't take time for pictures.

The red PTO shaft cover is visible here:

P1300001.JPG

Here is the 8' box blade on the back, guess I need pictures with both blades on at the same time, just for grins. :D

P3180001.JPG

P3180008.JPG

I also forgot to mention I'd use it for moving 4x5 round bales and putting them in feeder.

/ What tractor fits this mower? #10  
It will easily handle 4x5's. Lift height might be a problem if the feeder has high sides. No problem if a bale ring.

Here is my wife setting out a 1400 pound 5x6, no counterweight:

P1060002.JPG

Just realized we could haul two at once with one on the 3 point and one on the forks. :thumbsup:

P5240034.JPG

P6190007.JPG