Buying Advice What tractor to buy for general utility work - <50 Acres??

/ What tractor to buy for general utility work - <50 Acres?? #61  
No, it is like saying tire life is dependent upon the type of use.

Dude, doesn't that statement apply to any mechanical part ? Why are you limiting it to clutches? I don't feel you are really making any great point here, at least not as far as I can tell.

/ What tractor to buy for general utility work - <50 Acres?? #62  
I wouldn't recommend any tractor.
Tractors have engines and race car engines only last a few hundred laps.

/ What tractor to buy for general utility work - <50 Acres?? #63  
I wouldn't recommend any tractor.
Tractors have engines and race car engines only last a few hundred laps.

Horses...Definitely the way to go, I'm convinced. There's no beating their MPG while mowing either.:)

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ What tractor to buy for general utility work - <50 Acres?? #64  
poopdeck some people just like gear tractors no matter what.personlly i like the hsts and hydro shuttles.and suggest the op drive all of the tractors in the 50 to 70hp range.

I agree. Everyone has their own likes. Buy the one you like.

/ What tractor to buy for general utility work - <50 Acres?? #65  
Give Kioti a good look, I have a DK50SE Hydro and I love it, has been reliable thus far and when compared with features and pricing of competitors it was the most sensible way to go cost wise. I do wish I would have added an additional remote and a engine block heater since it gets cold here in winter, I will also need a 3rd function on the loader eventually and also top and tilt on the 3 point but that will not be a big deal to get. Another thing to compare is weight as was already mentioned but also compare the attachments, specifically the loaders and what their capabilities are, with my Kioti the upgrade from the DK35 to the DK40 and above was a huge jump in loader capacity. To me that alone was a huge selling point.