Oil & Fuel What trans fluid should I use in Massey Ferguson 135?

/ What trans fluid should I use in Massey Ferguson 135? #1  

80sDweeb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 Vineyard Diesel
1972 MF 135 diesel with 8 speed (no multi power) - what trans fluid (budget is a concern) should I use? And what would Tractor Supply carry that would work for me? I'm more likely to do that than to locate a Massey Ferguson dealer locally to buy pails of oil.

Scott in Brighton NY

/ What trans fluid should I use in Massey Ferguson 135? #2  
Try posting this in the Hydraulics forum. Lots of great knowldge there.

/ What trans fluid should I use in Massey Ferguson 135? #3  
1972 MF 135 diesel with 8 speed (no multi power) - what trans fluid (budget is a concern) should I use? And what would Tractor Supply carry that would work for me? I'm more likely to do that than to locate a Massey Ferguson dealer locally to buy pails of oil.

Scott in Brighton NY

Use the TSC fluid. It will do fine in your Massey.

/ What trans fluid should I use in Massey Ferguson 135? #4  

Scott in Brighton NY

The specification calls for M-1129-A, Permatran III or equivalent. COASTAL MULTITRAC TRACTOR FLUID meets M-1129-A and retails in western PA for $49 per 5 gallons at AutoZone. I've settled on it because of good performance in the range of temperatures encountered here in the mountains of southwestern PA. In NY, cold weather performance might be a consideration for you too. Hope this helps.

Last edited: