What type of mower should I look at

/ What type of mower should I look at #1  

sox3

Gold Member
Tractor
International 424
Looking to pick up a 3 point mower for my Int 424. will be used for cutting high grass, weeds, etc.
Should I look at a Bush Hog or a Flail type mower? My thinking was the Flail will keep my length
shorter. Need opinions please. Thanks

/ What type of mower should I look at #2  
There is a big price and maintenance difference between the two. Sometimes flail mowers are used where there is a danger of people getting hit by flying debris from a bush hog, so it's a safety thing.

/ What type of mower should I look at #3  
I agree with Notforhire; the flails are expensive and more maintenace down the road. You see most state DOT divisions using flail mowers due to the liability issues with rotary cutters throwing rocks. You can get plenty low enough with the rough cut mower and there are many brands. Are you buying new or used?

/ What type of mower should I look at #4  
flails are spendy and eat hp and have high maint costs.

get a rotary mower for that machine.

howse and king kutter and kodiak are probably the price line leaders in the economy and medium durt market. heck.. in the HD market as well... just most places do not stock the medium or hd models... on the ld models. ( which is fine for average grass beating....)

/ What type of mower should I look at
ok, was going to get used one. Found a 6 ft MC Flail for 450. Thats why I was asking. I can repair any problems on either type as long as I can get parts. i dont want to over load the machine either. I also found a Bush Hog 6 ft rotary for 300 that needs the slip clutch discs replaced, Looks like a good unit too.

/ What type of mower should I look at #6  
not a bad price on a 6' mower...