Backhoe What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"?

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #1  

Eddieman555

Tractor
Kubota L4400
I have a Kubota L4400 and I am interested in purchasing a Root Grapple to help me with Roots and remove Debris. I was looking at a Anbo Root Grapple m (for compact tractors).....but they (Anbo) were trying to push me to a a S Grapple instead? I am concerned that the S is a little to big for the L4400.

I do not know whether to purchase a 66" or 72" size grapple as well? Does anyone have suggestions?

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #2  
You can get too big... the problem is the wider you go you can tweak your loader arms... you'll likely be just right around 66"... KennyV

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #3  
I have a Kubota L4400 and I am interested in purchasing a Root Grapple to help me with Roots and remove Debris. I was looking at a Anbo Root Grapple m (for compact tractors).....but they (Anbo) were trying to push me to a a S Grapple instead? I am concerned that the S is a little to big for the L4400.

I do not know whether to purchase a 66" or 72" size grapple as well? Does anyone have suggestions?

I have a 66" Anbo grapple and it is a beast and light weight. The model I have is the GRM series. This unit weighs less than 400# and is really tough. Did I mention I have it on a L4400 Kubota?
I have the 6 inch spacing on mine and it overall is a perfect match.
Here are a couple links to some of the grapple work.
Anbo Grapple 1
Anbo Grapple 2

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #4  

dex3361,

I bought a different brand from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and picked the 60" instead of the 72". Weight was a concern as was having it to wide to slip in between trees. The Anbo unit is a high quality product and you won't be disappointed. My unit weighs about 550 lbs and works good for what I need it to do. I cleared a piece of my property this summer and had quite a pile of logs to clean up. Since then, I've used it for moving large rocks, stumps, and clean up of road I have that goes to the back of the property. It's turned into a real handy tool.

Attachments

• IMGP1185.jpg
    IMGP1185.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMGP1196.jpg
    IMGP1196.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
   / What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #5  

Smaller the better.

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #6  
dex3361,

I bought a different brand from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and picked the 60" instead of the 72". Weight was a concern as was having it to wide to slip in between trees. The Anbo unit is a high quality product and you won't be disappointed. My unit weighs about 550 lbs and works good for what I need it to do. I cleared a piece of my property this summer and had quite a pile of logs to clean up. Since then, I've used it for moving large rocks, stumps, and clean up of road I have that goes to the back of the property. It's turned into a real handy tool.

Nice looking grapple they will spoil you when it comes to lifting stuff.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2015 Great Dane 53 X 102 Reefer Trailer (A33439)
2015 Great Dane 53...
NEW WOLVERINE QUICK ATTACH BRUSH CUTTER (A34011)
NEW WOLVERINE...
Cub Cadet LT50 50 in. Ride Mower (A33548)
Cub Cadet LT50 50...
NEW WOLVERINE QUICK ATTACH HYDRAULIC AUGER (A34011)
NEW WOLVERINE...
2013 Freightliner M2 106 Terex BT3870 38,000LB Crane Truck (A32932)
2013 Freightliner...
STOP! Read these terms (A34009)
STOP! Read these...