Buying Advice what type of tractor do i need

/ what type of tractor do i need #1  

dhunt13

Tractor
none
I have some property that has a new road with a fairly steep hill. I am needing a tractor to maintain the road but don't know if I can use a compact tractor that is 4 x 4 or if I need a larger tractor. I will need something to spread gravel and then level it out. It will get around 20 hours a use a year. Any suggestions would be ferry much appreciated Doug

/ what type of tractor do i need #2  
A heavy SCUT with HST, loader, and ballasted turfs is probably the least that would work well for that limited chore.
larry

/ what type of tractor do i need #3  
Are you new to tractors? Are you handy with wrenches? Do you have any other chores to do that would help us narrow things down?

/ what type of tractor do i need #4  
I have some property that has a new road with a fairly steep hill.

Whenever moving dirt traction is an issue. Working on hills traction is an issue. Whatever size tractor you buy, you need four wheel drive.

/ what type of tractor do i need
I have been around wheat farm equipment as a young person. I do have some wrenching experience' I rebuilt my husqava motor last winter and it is still running Lol. I plan on using the lawn tractor for the other thing around the property. My cousin had a old f9 up last year but it was marginal especially when it came to the back blade. Thanks for all the answers so far

/ what type of tractor do i need #6  
20 hours a year? Think I would be getting an old used gasser for around $2k.

/ what type of tractor do i need #7  
As much as I love equipment, if it was only going to be used 20 hours a year, I'd rent a machine.

/ what type of tractor do i need #8  
I agree with Chim, if you only think you need a tractor for 20 hours of work a year, then rent a 4WD compact tractor with the implement you think you need or rent a bobcat. You might find more uses for a compact tractor after renting a couple times and if so, then consider a purchase. It is hard on this forum recommending renting and buying a tractor, but your needs really do not justify the purchase.

/ what type of tractor do i need #9  
Yea but when you need it it is there. I plan on probably moving my WD to our lakehouse. I will still need my Massey for big mowing but the WD will ok for small jobs and see little use. Old gassers can sit for a good while and be repaired with bailing twine.

/ what type of tractor do i need #10  
Have you thought about paving your driveway ?