What type of water tank storage tank?

/ What type of water tank storage tank?
Hey Rob, the water tank sold locally is made by Norwesco. I was quoted $933 for the 2500gal and $2,882 for the 5000gal. (need to special order.) I can by 3 2500gals tanks with some change left over. I guess your explanation make sense. Just like my septic tank. It cost a couple hundred $ less for the 1500gal than the 1000gal specified by the county on my permit. So, I checkj with the county and went with the 1500gal tank. That's why I always ask.

The 2500gal is 95" Dia x 89" tall. The 5000gal is 102" Dia x 152" tall. I can haul 2 2500gal tanks or 1 5000gal with my trailer. Is a lot easier to handle smaller tanks.

Due the weight, my well guy thinks concrete pad will crack if not engineered to handle the weight. It's better for the tank to sit on dirt/sand than on cracked/shifted concrete. For your 10000gal tank, that's a lot of weight. You would need a lot of concrete and rebar.

Do you know anyplace along the 99 that sells water tank? Where do you plan to buy yours?

/ What type of water tank storage tank? #12  
stumpfield said:
Do you know anyplace along the 99 that sells water tank?

I have in the back of my alledged mind that there's an outfit in or around Madera ... might have seen it on Craig'sList. Sorry nothing definate.

/ What type of water tank storage tank?
HomeBrew2 said:
I have in the back of my alledged mind that there's an outfit in or around Madera ... might have seen it on Craig'sList. Sorry nothing definate.

Thanks. I'll check Craigslist. The factory is in Hanford, CA near fresno but they don't sell direct to consumers. The local dealer don't delivery to my property due the bad road. Since I have to haul them myself, I might as well find the lowest price...

/ What type of water tank storage tank? #14  
Tom,
I did not get the 10,000 gallon tank. I am planning on a 5,000 gallon tank set on concrete. The Wicks Bros (my well drillers) out my way are the ones who will get it, bring it up and install. They will also install the concrete pad. ...I have not gotten that yet either. I did look online for tanks and found several places. You might want to do that to get area specific and look for a local place. I don't up very far on the 99, I cut off right after Bakersfield at the 65, but I would Imagine there might be a place in Visalia or Fresno you can search for.

/ What type of water tank storage tank? #15  
Most of the large feed stores around here sell the tanks so do the farm/ranch coops. Most of them will deliver.

/ What type of water tank storage tank? #16  
Here's a recent ad for the guy I remembered. Link. I know the tank listed is not what you want but he says he has lots of others. Note his www does not seem to work anymore.