WHAT was I thinking?

/ WHAT was I thinking?
TX- LOL yeesh I glanced back at my posts and you're right! My personality seems to show through rather quickly when I write ;) between my job and my critters I could prolly write a comedy novel on the stuff that happens to me. :laughing:

Mark- Yeah, about a week ago I did a lil more grey market research to freshen my thoughts on what I had heard/learned in the past over the years and it would kinda seem to fit my tractor. I'm hoping to get hold of the gal that technically owned it and see if she learned anything of it before her husband passed away. Cause of the circumstances, I think I'm s.o.l because it was kind of a family/in law matter as to how she acquired it back (young couple, car accident, then bickering), but any info might be helpful for future parts searches! Doesn't really deter me much...I'm kinda used to challenges lol Thanks for the info! :)

60mph gusts of wind, twister watches early, and hauling pheasants on the interstate in IL today so I didn't even bother playing with the tractor tonight...Just forked the hay up into the air and the wind took most of it in to the horses
lol Y'all ever hear a horse laugh? I think my one draft horse did when I drove my lil tractor up by the pen the other day... and today the wind caught me just right and I flew off the gooseneck (where the round bale is I'm feeding) and landed in a big pile of hay. All I could think was 'throw the fork, dummy, THROW the pitch fork FAR outta the way!' At least a 6pt landing in my opinion, no injuries, then I look up to see 4 big horse noses and pairs of eyes as if to say c'mon ma, quit playin in our hay, we're hungry! :D

/ WHAT was I thinking? #12  
welcome to tbn Dixie379.
Anything you do with a tractor can be loads of fun. But also dangerous, take care and really enjoying your posts. In the process of making a place for my wifes horse and he is a hoot. Tank is his name and he is already spoiled to her, and I must admit to not being fond of horses in the past, he is changing my mind.
Also always, ALWAYS, back the tractor onto the trailer. Its the only way to do it safely.
Billy

/ WHAT was I thinking?
thanks Mur! Horses can be just as much fun AND just as dangerous, probably more than a tractor! lol :mur: And can definitely be more aggravating at times!

Even if you haven't liked horses in the past, if you can keep an open mind you can usually find something ya like about Tank. It takes time to accept a horse. Might be some quirky personality trait, or some lil bond he'll have with you and noone else, but given the chance I know many horses that their loyalty/companionship is almost equal to that of a dog. (Depends on the horse/person) I personally have a bad habit of giving all my critters' personalities a voice/narration so it becomes more of a life sized comic strip around em ;) Not always out loud, but even just lil thoughts to myself that make the work pass a lil quicker. They're all my own lil escape from reality sometimes.

If your wifey is/will be a horselady, don't ever ask her to choose between you and her horse! lol you prolly won't like the outcome. Horsepeople, especially women, are almost always a wee bit crazy in some way or another lol Ask any one that knows me...:cool: It's a family joke that my critters make my area the SpEcIaL farm..my motley crew all have their moments of goofiness.

Heck yeah- driving the tractor on = kamikaze! I really should have known better, but who would think someone that has loaded tractors on trailers and trucks, and backs of bobtail (semi tractor), would lead his lil sister wrong?...I think I'm lucky I lived and learned, and IF I need to haul it, lol I'll prolly try to convince someone else to back it up on for me! :anyone:

/ WHAT was I thinking? #14  
OMG, Dixie, you did it again..:thumbsup:

hay forkin'
laughing horses
flying off the gooseneck into the hay, six point landing
pheasant hauling

Love the photo, now I know what real red hair looks like:laughing:

Stay safe out there.

/ WHAT was I thinking?
I can't help it! Glad to see ya enjoying my posts lol I'm tellin ya...The looks the critters will give me when the weather and work gives me time to try out the pooper scooper are gonna be priceless I'm sure lol They already look at my lil massey like 'uh-oh, mama's got a new toy...there goes our delicately crafted piles' They hate it when I take the yard/lawn push sweeper in to sweep out the dust after shoveling the shed...They all come trotting down thinkin theyre gettin grass clippings, only to snort and walk away like crap, it's just our crap dust! :confused: Like I intentionally tricked em somehow, heck I just like to have it clean! And that's way quicker and easier on the shoulder than using a broom lol My motto is usually 'I ain't got much, but I use what I got' ;)

As for the pic, I had it on my profile but felt all left out and such not having one on the boards :) (Actually, it took me this long to realize profile pic is different than avatar..brain fart) I'll change it to my tractor when I get a good pic of it lol Figure if I stand the mini (33" tall at his withers) horse by it, it'll make the tractor look huge and beefed up :D

/ WHAT was I thinking? #16  
Very interesting reading, Dixie! Love your idea of taking a pic next to the mini horse... perrhaps I should do that with my little red beast sometime...:laughing: And welcome to TBN, if I hadn't said that already!

/ WHAT was I thinking?
LOL start a new trend...lil tractors next to lil horseys! I think I can get my one goat to sit/stand on my lap for a pic, and if it's not running, I'm sure my one goofyiest kitty will be up on my shoulder! Make it a motley critter crew family photo lol Get the other fainting goats to 'faint' all around it..that would be priceless.

talkin of small- I keep tellin people I wanna get one those tiny 'smart' cars some day...Just so I can get a pic of it with my draft cross horses by it! My dad said why the h*** would you want one those cars? I told him so I could strap a couple of those craft store bought lil hay bales (Theyre like 12" long) on the top and drive round town...and if it breaks down from the heavy load, I'll just push it in the horse trailer and take it to the shop! :)

Last edited:
   / WHAT was I thinking? #18  
Dixie...just gotta have some lil photos of your lil critters and lil tractor, we're all turning lil blue out here waiting for them:laughing:

/ WHAT was I thinking?
It's finally saturday, and I aint clucker truckin so pics are on the top of my long to do list! :)

/ WHAT was I thinking?
Ok, got all the critters' photos posted with the exception of Ethel (goldfish) and Bobby (turtle), and a la mancha goat named Radar (no ears) lol

Also some pics of the lil massey 205. Got a chance to play with it today and everthing worked finer than a frog hair split four ways! I've got some more pics to add of my trailers, trucks (work/personal) and my personal fave modification-custom overhead console on my pickup truck. Needed a place to mount the cb and since I drive truck, I wanted something familiar... :confused2: I'll add em some other time though.

Let me know what ya think of the lil tractor and the idiots lol

Critters: (you'll see why my area is referred to as the SpEcIaL Farm...) Message - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery

Equipment: (I was too lazy to round up the lil mini to stand by it lol) Message - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery