What was the most economical 100 h.p. plus or minus tractor you owned?

/ What was the most economical 100 h.p. plus or minus tractor you owned? #31  
I think of all the numerous tractors of that size over the years 2 spring to mind that were particularly trouble free... ford 8100 and MF 698T

Ones we were scared to start every day included case 1694 and JD 3130 :)

/ What was the most economical 100 h.p. plus or minus tractor you owned? #32  
the most ecinomical tracter i ever and still have is a MF 398 turbo i have an 880dt 5 a jd6030 and the massy is easly the most frugal and super reliable had it for 15 years now

300 series are fantastic little tractors had many 390T's !

/ What was the most economical 100 h.p. plus or minus tractor you owned? #33  
I have a Hesston 100 90 DT and I have worked it hard. It was built in '89 and has near 3,000 hours on it.

I have put a water pump on it and rebuilt the alternator.

Great, brawny beast........ been a very loyal and reliable worker!

/ What was the most economical 100 h.p. plus or minus tractor you owned? #34  
'58 520 JD Dad bought it new and it was our main tractor until 68. Never had a valve cover off of it when we sold it 72. If the fan blade would move it would start even in the coldest weather. Pulled 3-14 plow, 2 row gehl or papec choppers. It worked for a living and never complained. When I went back to MN in 06, guy that bought was still using it as his daily chore tractor and still had never removed the valve covers.

/ What was the most economical 100 h.p. plus or minus tractor you owned? #35  
I have a Hesston 100 90 DT and I have worked it hard. It was built in '89 and has near 3,000 hours on it.

I have put a water pump on it and rebuilt the alternator.

Great, brawny beast........ been a very loyal and reliable worker!

and theres another one . fantastic motors not the best gear box in the world but up there with any of them reliability wise . Drove a 110/90 turbo with 4m power harrow drill on the back and 4m pres on front 3pt with 9000 hrs on it for 2 seasons ...fantastic tractor