what was your first tractor?

/ what was your first tractor? #31  
My first was a JD60 with a Dual loader in 1987. Second was a NAA in 1988, that one lasted two weeks went to change the gear oil and all the rear bearings came out. Third was a 9N in 1988. Fourth Tractor is a IH1066. Traded the 9N on a DX25E last year, then traded in the JD60 and the DX25E on the T2220 this year.

Down to two tractors now.

/ what was your first tractor? #32  
First tractor I drove was our 1956 John Deere 60, I was 8 yrs old and was in heaven.
Pa let me drive it picking up hay. I could pull the hand clutch and stand on the brakes.

The first tractor I can call mine was the 1961 Allis Chalmers B-1 garden tractor that mom talked dad into buying so I could take care of 2 acres of lawn and an acre of gardens. I still have it and it will still out work any modern "garden" tractor like Sears or anything from the box stores.

I could list all the tractors we had on the farm because I considered them to be mine, but that would take up too much space.

I now have a Kioti CK 20 HST and work her hard and she never complains, as long as I keep her full of #2 diesel, and 10w40 synthetic.

/ what was your first tractor? #33  
A Kioti DK45SE HST that I bought new in June of 2008.

Attachments

• Kioti.JPG
    Kioti.JPG
    788.2 KB · Views: 177
   / what was your first tractor? #34  
My 1st tractor was a 1973 international cub cadet 3 speed.

/ what was your first tractor? #35  
A 195? Allis Chalmers WD45. Loved that tractor but with all the newer tractors having 3pt systems, I had to sell her a few years ago and upgrade. Even happier with the newer Manhindra with FEL and front wheel assist. The WD45 had a tricycle front end and would spin on a dime. It was great for certain jobs and a little scarry on others. I really wanted a FEL and per my granddad he would never put a FEL on a narrow front tractor, so even though he had passed away over 20 years before I got my tractor I headed his advice and never put one on it. Thus another reason I sold her and upgraded.

/ what was your first tractor? #36  
1953 Ford Jubilee. I sold her before I bought my B3030 in Jan '08.

tractor3id0.jpg

/ what was your first tractor? #37  
First tractor I drove was when I was teenager in the mid 60's...Was my Dads Ford 9N...Was a 6 volt machine with overdrive...The first tractor I owned was a Kubota B5100 4x4 with loader...Well built little unit, sipped fuel and should have kept it for occasional use/fun...Presently I have my BX23 TLB.

Don

Attachments

• Back of Tractors.jpg
    Back of Tractors.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 269
  • BX-23  and  B5100.jpg
    BX-23 and B5100.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 247
   / what was your first tractor? #38  
We had a Farmall and then a Case on the farm when I was growing up. Used to also drive my Grandpa's Farmall B.

My first to own was a Gravely 5665, 12 hp. It was a man eater but did what I needed to get done for the first 2 or 3 years here. Now have a JD 4010 CUT which does all I need to do.

Ralph

/ what was your first tractor? #39  
1972 Economy Powerking. That's my son on it.

Traded it around 1982 for the 1910 I still have. I wish I'd kept the Powerking just as an antique now.

Attachments

• f3-012.jpg
    f3-012.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 441
   / what was your first tractor? #40  
The first tractor I operated (from age 9) was my father's 1951 TO-20. It's the old and tired tractor shown in the first photo below. My next real tractor was a 1954 NAA I bought when I bought my property. I also bought a Jacobsen T2000 Turf Truck and worked them as a team for fence building. I also own a rare Oliver 105 Town & Country. Finally, I have a tractor Jack. Does that count?;)

I also have a NH TC45D that people have seen so many pictures of that they would groan loudly if I posted another one.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Fergie20.JPG
    Fergie20.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 153
  • NAA-Scooter.jpg
    NAA-Scooter.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Oliver-105.jpg
    Oliver-105.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 199
  • TractorJack.jpg
    TractorJack.jpg