what was your first tractor?

/ what was your first tractor? #81  
First tractor to drive was Grampaw's 8n. Was about 6 and if I stood up on it I could keep the clutch pushed in. So they put me on it and I drove at idle, in first gear, until I got to the end of the field, and then Dad would jump on and turn it and the hay wagon around. We would work back the other way with Dad and Gramps throwing hay on the wagon untill full. Then one of them would take her back to the barn and they would unload while I ate watermelon cooled from the wateren trough. Thought I was BIG TIME! :p

Second and third tractor was about 10, and I could finally master the clutch of the Oliver 77, and Oliver 88 row crop. The 77 actually had steel wheels for the winter! Man what a ride that thing was. Dumpen the clutch would sure sharpen the pucker factor. :eek: Good thing I was young and dumb. :D
These were the main stay of the farm until I bought my own place and had to have my own tractor!

First one I owned was a 57 Ford 600. 23 yrs young when I got her. Great old tractor, and drove her until last year.
Second tractor I bought was a New Holland TN65, which I still have.
Just traded the 600 last fall for a New Holland 3430. Both great tractors that do their jobs well.
Of all the ones I have been personally been involved with, I have a special place for the 600. Sure was a sweetheart. Keep looking for another to replace her with. Would have kept her if she would of had power steering.
Gota love those old red & grays.
Aw well, always nice to WANT sumpten, right?. :D

/ what was your first tractor? #82  
My was a 1970 something economy called a Jim Dandy. We used it to plow the gardens, till, and yard out logs. Had a 12hp single that will still start today. I plan to pull it into the basement this summer so my son and I can fix it up like the day my grandfarther bought it.:)

/ what was your first tractor? #83  
First tractor I ever drove was a Super A Farmall while sitting on my grandpa's lap. I was probably only 3 or 4 years old. The first tractor I bought was a cherry MF 35 Super Deluxe. Wish I still had it.

/ what was your first tractor?
My was a 1970 something economy called a Jim Dandy. We used it to plow the gardens, till, and yard out logs. Had a 12hp single that will still start today. I plan to pull it into the basement this summer so my son and I can fix it up like the day my grandfarther bought it.:)

lets see some photos of this one

/ what was your first tractor? #85  
First was a cast metal John Deere pedal tractor that I got for Christmas when I was about 3 or 4. First real tractor I drove was a 1939 Allis Chalmers WC tricycle gear tractor that my Dad bought new, and my brother still has and uses to bush hog with. I drove lots of farm tractors growing up that belonged to my Dad and Uncle. First tractor I owned outright was a 1981 (?) 450 Long, and most recent is the 2005 Mahindra 3510 that we have now.

/ what was your first tractor? #86  
I am 13, almost 14 and have always been by or on a tractor. It started on my grandpa's 753 bobcat skidsteer when I was 2. Over time, i memorized the controls on the skidsteer and run it today. In fact, I moved a truckload of wood chips into the muddy pasture with it yesterday. I have drinin many tractor like my grandpa's old kubota and the new 2210 johndeere.

My dad has a little L110 lawntractor, a 3720 johndeere tractor with FEL, and a new CT322 compact track skidsteer. Before the new skidsteer, I operated a Cat 257 compact track skidsteer on his horse ranch. Ive even been told by owners of construction companies that I can operate equipment better than their employees that do it every day. I remember one tractor expo I went to where I drew some pictures of machinery for Halton Caterpillar. A week later, I got a call from Ted Halton himself to come down to the dealer. I walked in a saw the pictures I drew on the wall leading to his office. He told me that he had a employee that only ran the equipment in his yard and said whenever I wanted I could run any of his equipment.

Instead of starting with tractors, I puchased a KingKutterXB boxblade, a johndeere imatch, a set of palletforks (currently being refurbished), and a Montana tractor blade. I recently bought a Johndeere L118 lawn tractor to mow my moms yard and to have the nicest lawnmower in the neighborhood. My uncle has wanted to buy a lawn tractor lately that was bigger than my 22 horsepower that I got for $550 but cant find one under $1000 that is smaller than mine. I am not someone who goes out and buys not knowing if there is a better deal. I got all my implements because I did my research and found the best deal. My blade was $250, my imatch was $225, my boxblade was $427, I look for the best deals. (all my implements except the forks were new). my dad gave me the forks which were originally going to a scraper. now I am working on getting either a johndeere 3038 with FEL or a slightly used skidsteer.

Attachments

• DSCN9128.JPG
    DSCN9128.JPG
    993.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN9130.JPG
    DSCN9130.JPG
    997.2 KB · Views: 72
  • garndpa's tractor with my boxblade.JPG
    garndpa's tractor with my boxblade.JPG
    501.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN6369.JPG
    DSCN6369.JPG
    995.1 KB · Views: 75
   / what was your first tractor? #87  
My first tractor was a used (ie) old craftsman 10 hp lawn mower next was a mitsubishi mt372 15 horse power diesel 2 wheel drive p.o.c. next was a 1986 ford 1310 19 horse power 4 wheel drive with 12 speeds forward syncronised so you could shift on the fly and 4 reverse. really miss that tractor as it weighed about 3200# w/tires loaded and enough beef to pick up a slab of concerte 7'x7' 4" thick with forks on the 3ph! next is my curant 2004 kubota b7510 hst 21 horse power 4 wheel drive I love this tractor but it needs a high protein diet to bulk up a little. I should have ordered the fel to go with the 60"mmm. I didn't think I would like the hst but as it turns out I don't think I would go back to shiffting gears to mow garss or blow snow for anything.

/ what was your first tractor? #88  
My first tractor was a 1950 John Deere "B". It had a Rollamatic narrow front end with Power-Trol Hydraulics. I thought it didn't get any better than that. Now nearly a dozen tractors later I had no idea how serious my addiction had gotten. I even sold my fishing boat to help feed my habit. I have driven nearly every color out there and enjoyed every bit of it.

I have owned
6 John Deeres
1 Oliver
2 Allis-Chalmers
2 International/Farmall

I would like to drive and own one of the imports next. I am leaning toward the South Korean made tractors, but I haven't met a tractor I didn't like!:D

/ what was your first tractor? #89  
My first is a Farmall 706 that I bought from a great uncles estate. Still have it but added a front end loader. I have gotten a lot of work and fun from that tractor. I bought a used Kubota MX 5000 last year and seem to be spending most of my tractor time on that lately.

/ what was your first tractor? #90  
My first one was a Hanomag Granit 500, which I have bought in 1981. I have owned a lot of Hanomags and also lot of other brands since then.

The pic shows not mine, it was taken from the Google Album.

images.jpg