What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #1  

qualityhardware

Need to change the oil on the Hino, defintiely dark and gross looking.

What weight oil should I use and what's the best oil filter for the job?

Thx...

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #2  
I use a MF filter and Shell Rotella 5W40 diesel rated oil.

Eugene

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #3  
qualityhardware said:
Need to change the oil on the Hino, defintiely dark and gross looking.

I gather that this could be your first diesel tractor. If it is, don't panic.

Change the filter and the oil. Run it around the barn once. The oil will probably be dark and gross looking! That is fairly typical.

Like Buppy69 says -- an MF filter. Your local AGCO/Massey dealer should be able to fix you up with the filter. Any good "diesel-rated" multi-viscosity oil should take care of you.

Have fun with your Hinomoto. They are rough and tough little tractors.

Knute

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264
Thanks. I'm going to the dealership today. I'll be stocking up.

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #5  
qualityhardware said:
Thanks. I'm going to the dealership today. I'll be stocking up.
You can take the filter off and go down to your local NAPA store where they can match the filter up much cheaper than the MF dealer! 15W40 oil is recommended for ANY diesel. Rotella, Delo, Mystic, or other quality oils will do just fine!

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #6  
The NAPA number is 1346 but my Massey dealer sells me his for the same price. 15W40 is not recommended for "ALL" diesel engines. I have the complete set of service manuals for the Hinomoto built Allis Chalmers tractors and it recommends straight 30W.

Eugene

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #7  
It's kinda hard to find 30w diesel rated oil in many places. Ford also used to spec 30w oil in it's thousand series.. and CNH now sells a 15w40 as the replacement... etc.

If the original poster can find the 30w.. then he is lucky.. I can only get it from a distribuitor that sells to our shop.. none of the chain stores or mom and pop places carry the straight weight 'c' rated oils.

Soundguy

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #8  
I know it's hard to find. I finally found some Rotella 30w at Tractor Supply. After I used that gallon I went back to 15w40. My point was that every manufacturer didn't necessarily recommend 15w40. Perhaps I misunderstood the post.

Eugene

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #9  
buppy69 said:
I know it's hard to find. I finally found some Rotella 30w at Tractor Supply. After I used that gallon I went back to 15w40. My point was that every manufacturer didn't necessarily recommend 15w40. Perhaps I misunderstood the post.

Eugene

My take on the post was that it was a sugestion to use a 15w40 as a replacement for what may have been oem. I don't think the poster was trying to say that the oem spec was 15/40.. at least that's my interpretation anyway... that and 4$ will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee (GRIN)

Soundguy

/ What weight oil -- Hinomoto e264 #10  
Since I reread it, that's what I get out of it.

Eugene