What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #1  

KiotiJason

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510 and 2 x Fordson Power Majors
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have spent time trolling through the site reading bout the Kioti. I'm taking delivery in the next week or so of a CS3510 with the four in one bucket and Kioti slasher. Now I plan to take my time to get to know this gear as I'm tipping it's a little more advanced thn my Fordson Power Major. What I'd like to know is apart from the typical dealer prep is there any recommendations on additional lubeing or running in etc. these things are pricey in Australia and I want to make sure I keep it tip top. I've read a few posts on keeping the 4WD mechanism well lubed but any suggestions would be sincerely appriciated. I have asked the dealer to post the operators manual a few days before delivery so I can acquaint myself on the operations etc. Thanks Jason

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #2  
Congratulations. Reading the operators manual carefully is the best bet. I read mine at night before bed , over a few nights , as there is a lot to take in .Your dealer should have access to an electronic version of the operators manual .
I ran my new DS4510 at only medium power for the first 50 hrs.
This forum is valuable but your dealer should also be able to sort out most questions.
Also read the loader manual carefully and take things slowly for a while.
And don't forget you may need to further adjust your slasher slip clutch spring tension (see manufacturers manual) if it is slipping.
Enjoy

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #3  
Smile :). Stare and gawk. Yes, read the manuals. I always read my owner's manuals on anything I buy.

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #4  
Welcome to TBN

The day I took delivery of my CK27 I had 105 tons of pitrun (I think that is Class 3 gravel but I am not sure) to move. It took me 2 days to do it and I only ran it at about 2,000 RPM.

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #5  
After reading the Operator's manual, check the lugnuts, the hose connections, all fluid levels, radiator, lights, and especially the Fuel Tank.Do a complete walk around before turning the key. Best wishes and be safe.

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #6  
First pet it and then wax it.Read the owners manual.

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #7  
Smile :). Stare and gawk. Yes, read the manuals. I always read my owner's manuals on anything I buy.

don't forget to pet it and give it plenty of affection!

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #8  
You done good! Admire then check all fluids. Use at slow speeds to get used to how fast the controls work. Then a good wax job.

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #9  
Read the manual. Check all fluid levels. Oil hydraulic fluid. front axle, Radiator.
Check lug nut torque, check torque on the loader mounting bolts.
Check torque on all of the bolts holding the grease nipple caps over the pins. I found a lot of those loose.
Believe it or not the bucket level indicator tube nut comes use, and causes you to wad up the level rod. I locktited and staked mine.
Make sure everything is greased, This is the dealers job, but some don't do it. don't forget the front axle pivot, front and rear sides of the front axle center pivot.
Check tire pressure and set per manual.

So many of these things are the dealers responsibility, but from the tractors I have bought through the years, they don't always do it, or miss some of it.

/ What would be the first thing you do after taking delivery of your new tractor #10  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Tassie.

It's been covered by everyone above, especially k0ua... tighten everything for peace of mind. Grease everything that you can.

Keep your bucket load low, wear your seat belt & keep the ROPS up.

Relax, enjoy, think of the next thing you can do with your rig. :)