What would you buy for $3000

/ What would you buy for $3000 #21  
Paul, Look around for the old Farmalls. There are a million of them out there. They are not as pricey as the N Fords. The smaller 8N,9N,2N's have a little "cult" following around here, and as a result are a little higher than they should be. I have a Super C Farmall and have used it for years. Still find most parts. Invest in a parts manual, many parts cross reference. Other tractors are good as well, there are just so many more Farmalls. At least in this area. Yes, I have a new Kubota, but still kept the C.

/ What would you buy for $3000 #22  
Just FYI.....a post hole digger was even available for the Cub!!! I have all the sales brochures for the Cub from '47-'79. It's amazing how many implements were available for the Cub. Chuck

/ What would you buy for $3000
<font color=red>.....a post hole digger was even available for the Cub!!! </font color=red>

Ya, but could you find one./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What would you buy for $3000 #24  
<font color=red>Ya, but could you find one.</font color=red>

I bet you could, but the problem is...........how long can the project wait until you actually did find one/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Chuck

/ What would you buy for $3000 #25  
If you're into other brands you could get pretty close with one of the import tractors and have a NEW one not used. You can check into the sections posted below under other brands and chinese brands. You can even look into the gray market tractors and get one that has susposidly been rebuilt too... all depends on what you want for you're money...

here is my baby bought for about 9500, with tiller front end loader and a bit of scratched nuckles.!

Mark

Attachments

• 46-190243-Untitled-1.jpg
    46-190243-Untitled-1.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 68
   / What would you buy for $3000 #26  
Paul, as Will C said the limiting factor is the 3 point hitch. I love Farmalls, but you can't count on getting implements, unless you convert it to a 3ph, which will cost money for a kit. Depending on the model, I think they go for $500 and up.

As we've discussed, I think a Ford "N", a Ferguson or as Von suggested, a small Oliver is the way to go.

In a few weeks, we'll be getting together to help your search!

/ What would you buy for $3000 #27  
Do you have a link or dealer that offers 3pt kits for Farmalls? Pictures of one with 3pt hitch, would be great. My dad still has 3 of them, none have a 3pt.

/ What would you buy for $3000
My dads old Farmall C had one. He had a flail mower on it. Had bars that went from the mid of the tractor, back to lift it. Got in the way getting on, and off becouse they were about hip level.