What would you call it?

/ What would you call it? #11  
I'd call it " TUFFERN WOODPECKER LIPS ". ya know..I dont think you EVER get to old to CRANK ONE OFF /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What would you call it? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..I dont think you EVER get to old to CRANK ONE OFF /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Gerard

/ What would you call it? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wonderin' if I wasted money on this thing? Supposed to work on a P/U tailgate. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

I was thinking about wasting some of my own money on one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not really for transferring dirt from 1 pile to another, but for spreading dirt over a wide area. I have a bunch of low land that needs ~2" of dirt spread on top of the grass, and was trying to come up with a way to pull a trailer while spreading dirt in a uniform layer. I was thinking perhaps a cheap Harbor Freight 12v winch could be adapted to the crank to dump it while the wagon is moving.

/ What would you call it?
I thought of the same thing when I saw on here that someone had used a winch to turn the chute on a snowblower. The shaft is long enough on the handle end to make this work, have to think on that for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What would you call it? #15  
milkman , That is a beautiful 4wheel wagon and the EZ unloader is icing on the cake ,very kewl(cool) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks, I think it will fill my needs, I have rock and dirt to move to fill around a building that I just had put up. It will work good for wood, I can haul it to the splitter where I dump my wood for the winter.

/ What would you call it? #17  
Nice wagon dude,
Is that one of those Kory wagons?

I guess I'm lazier than you, I think I'd go with a hydraulic dumper instead. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What would you call it? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I thought of the same thing when I saw on here that someone had used a winch to turn the chute on a snowblower. The shaft is long enough on the handle end to make this work, have to think on that for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

If you have hydraulics available on your tractor, you could mount a hyd motor on instead of the crank. That might be more robust than an electric motor for such a high-torque load.

I was happy to read about the plastic flooring, I'm wondering if the wood is going to be rather hard on the fabric in the long term?

Looks like a neat deal. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice looking trailer too, without the roll-up.

--->Paul

My neighbor is digging a pond, about 1 acre and has a lot of dirt so I hitched up the wagon to get a couple of loads. The wagon is 9' long, his loader bucket is 8' so it looked like a monster coming at my little wagon with a full load of dirt. He dumped in a full bucket and went back and got another full bucket, I stopped him when he got a little over half of the second bucket in the wagon, it was taller than the sides and they were bulging out. I was hoping it didn't fold in the middle, and I was sure I would have to unload part of it with my loader before I could crank the rest of it off with the Load Handler. I had put a fold in the middle of the unloader sheet in the bottom of the wagon before he started loading the dirt so part of the back half of the load was already off before the front started moving. I was well pleased to discover that I could unload that much weight with the loadhandler without having to use the loader or a shovel. In about a minute I was on my way back for the second load, made a believer out of me, the Load Handler really works and the extra money for the Heavy Duty was well worth it. Next project is to put a sprocket on the end of the shaft and adapt a 12V winch to do the cranking, after the garden is gone.

Attachments

• Dirt4 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt4 (Medium).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 460
  • Dirt5 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt5 (Medium).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Dirt2 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt2 (Medium).JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 390
  • Dirt1 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt1 (Medium).JPG
    135 KB · Views: 382
  • Dirt10 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt10 (Medium).JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • Dirt9 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt9 (Medium).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Dirt7 (Medium).JPG
    Dirt7 (Medium).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,124
   / What would you call it? #20  
milkman said:
Handle sure is long, look out knuckles.

Wouldn't it be nice to remove the handle then add a 12 vdc drive motor to replace it? Might be a nice winter project!!