What would you change if you could?

/ What would you change if you could? #41  
Every time I read the title of this thread...

I can't help but think what I would do!

I'd take about 40 years off the age of the guy who sits in the seat of my tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess I would take the same number of years off the wife too... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ What would you change if you could? #42  
<font color="blue"> For powering electric tools in the field: </font> 2000 watt power inverter with larger deep cycle battery (maybe 2) and a larger alternator.

<font color="blue"> For working at night (with 3pt attachements): </font> 2 rear facing flood lights on the ROPS, plus an auxilary light that is switched seperately from the ROPS lights.

<font color="blue"> For working at night (mowing, etc): </font> 2 forward facing flood lights on the ROPS, plus a better set of headlamps up front.

<font color="blue"> For working at night (any which way): </font> lights that are bright and do not attract bugs.

<font color="blue"> For carrying long handled tools: </font> brackets on the ROPS, or the fender for carrying long handled shovels, rakes, etc that do not interfear with the 3pt, or the tool box, or anything else.

<font color="blue"> For carrying small tools, tow straps, pruning shears, etc: </font> A real toolbox behind the seat. Something at least 16" wide, 8" deep, and 12" tall.

<font color="blue"> Plus a Cup Holder, Fuzzy Dice, White White Walls, Curb Feelers, Neon Lights UNDER the tractor, a Fancy Chrome License Plate Holder, and don't forget those Triple Blade Windshield Wipers in Day Glow Pink or Green or whatever. . . </font>

/ What would you change if you could? #43  
Would you hang the fuzzy dice from the ROPS? If not, where?

/ What would you change if you could? #44  
TC33D
just today I added:
Snow shovel holder
2 rear work lights
2 forward work lights
Urethane cutting edges for the snowblower and bucket
6"x18" rear view mirror in the cab
extended discharge chute on the snowblower
cab heater
suicide knob

next week I'm thinking about:
12v plug in for cell phone, spot light, electric pump, etc

In the future (next tractor):
faster transport speed (40km)
quieter
radio
dome light

/ What would you change if you could? #45  
Well, thanks to you nice folks, i got just what i needed!!

BUT....

ALL tractors should come with rear facing lights!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Man, how much aggravation would that have saved a bunch of us....

Tony

/ What would you change if you could? #46  
(TC35D/16LA)

I'm going to do something about work lights, both facing front and rear.

Ask me again at the end of this winter.

/ What would you change if you could? #47  
This is tough, because my Kubota B8200 is a '87, and I know the newer B2710/2910 have lots of this done.

1. More power; I'm 19hp in a B2910 sized tractor
2. Power steering(available on the newer series, and even on mine if ordered with)
3. Better lights. They still have poor lighting. Standard switched rear work light. ROPS Lighting option.
4. More powerful generator for more lights!
5. 4-wheel steer. I used a Bobcat B250 TLB with 4-wheel steer. Very manueverable, even for a larger "mid size" tractor.
6. Universal Skid Steer implement attachment. It would be nice to change front buckets. It would be great on the 3-pt too.
7. Hydraulics out to the loader bucket to work with universal bucket detach.
8. Standard TnT. They should all have it, from the factory.
9. Track option. The 3000lb AVS track loader I used out manueverd my Kubota, and did it with only 2.7psi of pressure contact to the ground.
10. Optional colors. Shouldn't have to get a different brand tractor to get a different color(same for other brands too)

As I mentioend though, some of this is already availbe on newer models. Mine is 16 years old all ready!

/ What would you change if you could? #48  
I agree totally with Bob.. Rear facing lights on the Rops with an auxilary work light for the 3pt. hitch.

Used the 2410 for the first time this past weekend moving snow. Pulled the snow with the 60" Woods Rear blade..
It worked fine.. After reading many posts I get the impression that pushing with the rear blade is probably the better and more efficient way to go about this, but pulling the snow worked. I still need alot of practice though..

But getting back to Bob's suggestion.. There were several times when I wanted to change the angle of the blade and had to do it in the dark(since it was 3A.M.). An auxilary light would have been greatly appreciated at that time.

I swore after the blizzard last February that I would have a tractor for such a time as this and the B2410 did a great job!

/ What would you change if you could? #49  
The BX, larger 3 point and more metal for the side of the cowl and better lights.

For the B2410, I would turn the engine around like the BX for reverse flow so the hood could slope more out of my view. I would put the fuel tank under the seat which would make fueling very easy and reduce the hood length even more. I would like a three range hydro. I wish it had a suspended seat sometimes. I would like a fully suspended MMM as well.

All in all both units are very near perfect, what little I have to complain about is mostly of no big inconveneice and the thus far total reliability of both makes up for the rest. Love my 'botas. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif J

/ What would you change if you could? #50  
I have the Mahindra 6000 4x4
I would like to see a better designed seat, front dif lock, and most of all more hydraulic power. Someone please make a tractor that has a loader and backhoe with power comparable to the Case backhoes. Nothing is more troubling to me than not being able to lift my front tires off the ground without driving forward a little.