What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it?

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it? #21  
Actually Willy...I've had too many people around here complain about Bobcat and about the dealership.

I tried out being a salesman for a few months but really didn't like the "game" and now salesman just piss me off, my best buddy could sell me wood mulch (point being, he's good at selling) and when I hear BS from sales guys I just want to smack em'.

The Tak is a tough machine. The ASV was not but it did grind a little better. I have 300 hrs on the Takeuchi and other than my employee sinking it it a swamp for two days it's been good. I do expect it to break..they all do.

If you're going to do well in this biz you need a dedicated machine. I almost pulled the trigger last year (as Westshore knows) but still need to pay off a few more thing first.

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it? #22  
Actually Willy...I've had too many people around here complain about Bobcat and about the dealership.

I tried out being a salesman for a few months but really didn't like the "game" and now salesman just piss me off, my best buddy could sell me wood mulch (point being, he's good at selling) and when I hear BS from sales guys I just want to smack em'.

The Tak is a tough machine. The ASV was not but it did grind a little better. I have 300 hrs on the Takeuchi and other than my employee sinking it it a swamp for two days it's been good. I do expect it to break..they all do.

If you're going to do well in this biz you need a dedicated machine. I almost pulled the trigger last year (as Westshore knows) but still need to pay off a few more thing first.

Thats why i wish the tak would have a little more jam, its a really good skid steer for skidsteer stuff (GR 5 comming out) but with a little more jam it would be a pretty good mulcher too, the asv aint much of a skid steer and not that great of a mulcher either so.... I dunno :thumbsup: Why is everyone on here instead of working anyway LOL :laughing:

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it?
The bobcat is not a dedicated Machine or any skidsteer at that, jack of all trades master of none, and I want to make money so out with that idea. Just wanted to streatch the dollar. I Also have a ?. The arms on a machine, (Arms that raise only 4 or so feet or the arms that raise up like a skidsteer or loader. Is there a big difference? which one is more ideal for pines and PJ? what would be the best advantage? ).

I have been in the bussiness for 5-6 years just good ol fashion chainsaw work in steep country. I want to expand my company and do land management for livestock on the many ranches around here, and as we all know cows don't eat trees and people don,t stop eating so?$$$ . My construction company is busy but nothing big just not making the amount of money i need, and I want to diversify my business, if you can make a company work now then the hard part is over and good is yet to come we all know if you don't take the risk you will never know what you could have had or will have!!! I also have work lined up already :) [ "He who would have no trouble in this world must not be born in it" Italin proverb ] some thing to think about.

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it? #24  
The bobcat is not a dedicated Machine or any skidsteer at that, jack of all trades master of none, and I want to make money so out with that idea. Just wanted to streatch the dollar. I Also have a ?. The arms on a machine, (Arms that raise only 4 or so feet or the arms that raise up like a skidsteer or loader. Is there a big difference? which one is more ideal for pines and PJ? what would be the best advantage? ).

I have been in the bussiness for 5-6 years just good ol fashion chainsaw work in steep country. I want to expand my company and do land management for livestock on the many ranches around here, and as we all know cows don't eat trees and people don,t stop eating so?$$$ . My construction company is busy but nothing big just not making the amount of money i need, and I want to diversify my business, if you can make a company work now then the hard part is over and good is yet to come we all know if you don't take the risk you will never know what you could have had or will have!!! I also have work lined up already :) [ "He who would have no trouble in this world must not be born in it" Italin proverb ] some thing to think about.

I'm a little slow, I'm not getting your last reply ?? If you really want to mulch and mulch allot... Buy a mulcher. If you want to do a little of this and a little of that well I guess buy a skidsteer. Brand is up to you, they all break none of them mulch like a dedicated machine. See whats in your area talk to all the dealers and see what dealer you like the most, which one treats you the best and buy that one. Most of the machines large enough to capably run a mulcher are not great machines for landscaping etc. Earth work, demo, loading etc yes. Try a few most manufactures have mulchers now, ask to demo one and make your own decision, because everyone will have a different answer for you.

I'm a little slow, I'm not getting your last reply ?? If you really want to mulch and mulch allot... Buy a mulcher. If you want to do a little of this and a little of that well I guess buy a skidsteer. Brand is up to you, they all break none of them mulch like a dedicated machine. See whats in your area talk to all the dealers and see what dealer you like the most, which one treats you the best and buy that one. Most of the machines large enough to capably run a mulcher are not great machines for landscaping etc. Earth work, demo, loading etc yes. Try a few most manufactures have mulchers now, ask to demo one and make your own decision, because everyone will have a different answer for you.

All i was saying is that a dedicated machine would be right for me, and I'am not a overnight contractor. My company has 1 skidsteer, 2 mini x, 2 backhoes, 2 dozers,1 dump truck,1 skytrak, and 1 grader. so no need to buy a skidsteer right! the dedicated machine would be right for us, I just did not know enough about the skidsteers to make an educated guess so thats why i like talking to you guys. I just want to know what the diffrence is between the arms?

Thanks,
Sean

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it? #26  
Hi i have been reading the posts for a while now and finaly need advice, I have been thinning by hand for years now and have dicided to buy a mulcher. I currently have two jobs that i need to start one 500 acres medow restoration of PG, and 100 acres select cut of pine 4 to 8 in. I have around 100,000.00 to spend and want to spend it on the right equipment so i need advice before I purchace something. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean Medrano
Sean how long has it taken you to save $100,000. Compared to how long it will take you to recover that amount. Your increased work load and travel time will need to be considered.

Ax man to be truthfull with you about one year with help from the goverment, so the loss should't be so hard and the profit should be instant. be sides expenses and brake downs thats why i want to chose the right machine. what about those arms? you know anything?

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it? #28  
Ax man to be truthfull with you about one year with help from the goverment, so the loss should't be so hard and the profit should be instant. be sides expenses and brake downs thats why i want to chose the right machine. what about those arms? you know anything?
As you can tell I had an ASV. The reach on the arms are not needed for mulching. If I was cutting Privot where the limbs were hanging out and in the way not allowing me to get to the trunk Then the reach was helpfull. The danger is raising a 2600# head that far up allows the machine to tip very easy. Mine tipped and slid down a hill.

/ What would you do with 100,000.00 mulch it? #29  
Anybody seen a pt 100 g model i am hearing that they are shipping