What would you offer for this 2155?

/ What would you offer for this 2155? #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
Came across this '89 John Deere 2155 awhile back. I see the guy has dropped the price from $19,000 to 18,000. That's still too high in my opinion. Granted it does come with a tiller, but to be honest I wouldn't even want that. I'd like to make him an offer and see if he will sell me just the tractor but I doubt he would separate the two. It also supposedly has 475 hours on it but I'd have to really see it in person and go over it to be sure.

1989 John Deere 2155

/ What would you offer for this 2155? #2  
I paid $9,150 for an 87 model with 3,000 hours about two years ago. Mine also has a canopy. That one don't look bad but I think mine looks a little nicer. That one looks like it has set out a little. I would not think the tiller at most would be worth over a couple thousand. All mine needs is new rear tires. Mine did not come with a remote but can be added pretty easy.

/ What would you offer for this 2155? #4  
That same tractor is on Tractorhouse.com for $17,500. There are several 1989 2155's for $6500-13k so that must be one heck of a tiller. Actually it looks more like a flail mower. It's 25 years old and only 2 WD. I think you can find a better deal from someone else.

/ What would you offer for this 2155? #5  
I have seen some with mfwd and loader for around 19,000. He is asking to much bought they do tend to bring a little more than most tractors in that time frame. The reason is because it is the last of the metal hood deere's and that series had pretty much all the bugs worked out. Some claim it was the last of the real Deeres. They are made in Germany.

/ What would you offer for this 2155? #6  
I looked at that post a while back while I was browsing craigslist. New that tractor costed 18,000 dollars, he's fairly high on his price

/ What would you offer for this 2155?
Yeah I thought it seemed awfully high too just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

/ What would you offer for this 2155? #8  
I want to say when I was looking at a new 2wd 5055D it was around $16,000.00 a couple years ago. I think a person needs to keep than in mind when they get that high in price. I think I saw in another thread you where looking for a MF135. In my opinion the older MF tractors where tough as nails and they usually are pretty reasonable on price compared to other brands of that time frame. We had a MF 255, TO-20, and we still have a 165 on the farm. I personally look for the ones without multi-power but some people love them.