What year did "emissions" tractors and equipment start?

/ What year did "emissions" tractors and equipment start? #11  
My 2011 Kubota M7040 has older style inj pump & injectors but has an EGR valve
Yes! Internationals have cooled EGR’s prior to ‘08.
This is why I said “generally speaking”.

/ What year did "emissions" tractors and equipment start?
Ours is a 2007 310SG with the optional 410 bucket & cylinder. 4wd, extendahoe, weights, cab & AC. Also has a single rear remote - flow thru type for breaker rather than the preferred F/R valve for thumb.

It does not have any emissions equipment and has mechanical injection for each cylinder i.e. 4 separate pipes from fuel pump to injectors.

HOWEVER, it does have a computer and those early SG computers mounted in the engine compartmenta are known trouble spots. Later had the computer in the cab. Good for about 5000 hrs in the engine compartment. Symptom of failure beginning is swelling of case & temp gauge goes to full on starting.
The cost to repair is simple: About $3000 total. Another $2K to move the computer to the cab.

It works for us, but makes an argument for going to a pre-SG model at least.
I just put money down on a 2007 410J (4wd, weights, A/C, air seat, Xhoe, and powershift). I have the understanding that it is pre-emissions. 3,800 hours and seems to be in very good condition, inside and out. Former township machine.

/ What year did "emissions" tractors and equipment start? #13  
I just put money down on a 2007 410J (4wd, weights, A/C, air seat, Xhoe, and powershift). I have the understanding that it is pre-emissions. 3,800 hours and seems to be in very good condition, inside and out. Former township machine.
Sounds like a wonderful deal and a township is the right outfit to break in your 310. In fact it does sound close to the same machine. Ours has 5800 hours ...I think. Also has the air seat - I'll never have another tractor without an air seat. I forgot to mention comfort ride - which is real nice for roading when the bucktet is full. I think they are all powershift..

So what about that engine computer? In the engine or cab?
I took the serial number to the JD (yellow) dealer and he printed me the original sales order plus every maintenance done on warranty & after.
rScotty
New Tractor.JPGon the farm.JPG

I have no idea where the computer is on this machine.

BTW, that is a nice piece of equipment you have there. These machines (loader backhoes) are so versatile.

/ What year did "emissions" tractors and equipment start? #15  
I have no idea where the computer is on this machine.

BTW, that is a nice piece of equipment you have there. These machines (loader backhoes) are so versatile.
Well, shucks. ask the service manager at the (yellow) JD dealer. You can do it when you ask for the complete history on your JD - if they do that there. He can show you where the "engine computer" mounts to the inside of the frame just forward of the battery box after you open the hood. Or hopefully in yours it is in the cab, instead. It's a box not much bigger than your hand and has a 20+ pin plug in one end. I bet he knows all about it. My dealer had two rebuilt units in stock for instant trade-out. They have to be matched to the tractor....

BTW, everyone at my yellow JD dealer is a delight to talk to after the green JD dealer.
They didn't sell me the machine, never met me, and they are huge dealer. But everyone there always tries to see if they can add a little extra value to my visits.

Yeah, the 310 is a classic. Each model is better than the last. Good ones are amazing durable.
On the other hand, you need to buy one with everything you want. Just adding a thumb to our 310 would cost about half what the Kubota cost new - and the Kubota came with a thumb.

rScotty

Well, shucks. ask the service manager at the (yellow) JD dealer. You can do it when you ask for the complete history on your JD - if they do that there. He can show you where the "engine computer" mounts to the inside of the frame just forward of the battery box after you open the hood. Or hopefully in yours it is in the cab, instead. It's a box not much bigger than your hand and has a 20+ pin plug in one end. I bet he knows all about it. My dealer had two rebuilt units in stock for instant trade-out. They have to be matched to the tractor....

BTW, everyone at my yellow JD dealer is a delight to talk to after the green JD dealer.
They didn't sell me the machine, never met me, and they are huge dealer. But everyone there always tries to see if they can add a little extra value to my visits.

Yeah, the 310 is a classic. Each model is better than the last. Good ones are amazing durable.
On the other hand, you need to buy one with everything you want. Just adding a thumb to our 310 would cost about half what the Kubota cost new - and the Kubota came with a thumb.

rScotty
I actually did consider the Kubota M62, but four things hurt it:

1. I already have a new Massey Ferguson 4707 with the upgraded loader. An M62 is a more capable machine (loader wise) than the 4707, but not by a significant amount. We do some materials handling on our farm, most of which is loam, so the loader portion of a machine is important to me. The M62 simply wasn't enough of an upgrade over what I have now. A 410 is a HUGE loader upgrade over either the 4707 or the M62.

2. Emissions. I've heard horror stories of problems with equipment with emissions controls, namely DEF and DPF, so I wanted to avoid that stuff. A used 310 or 410 from before 2013 checks that box.

3. No cab. After buying this 4707 with a cab, heat, A/C, and an air ride seat, I don't want to go back to open station. This '07 410J has all those features, too. I'm thrilled to have found it.

4. Price. It's astonishing that *IF* you can find a used M62, they will command more money than many 310s and 410s. A new M62 is nearly $100k optioned out and you don't even get a cab.