what year is my lb1914?

/ what year is my lb1914? #1  

pastormikey

Tractor
kioti lb1914
i saw this imformation in one of these articles but now i can't find it.
can someone tell me how to tell what year my lb1914 is based on the serial #?
thanks for any help

mike /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ what year is my lb1914? #2  
A while back, KiotiJohn mentioned that Kioti, starting in 2001, started using letters for the first character in the serial number. An "A" was 2001 and so on. I don't remember how to figure out the previous years or which post that was.

/ what year is my lb1914? #3  
I seem to recall on the older models (maybe pre-2000 with 9 digit serial numbers) that the second digit represented the year. For example, serial number 54nnnnnnn would be a 1994 model, 57nnnnnnn would be 1997, etc.

/ what year is my lb1914? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A while back, KiotiJohn mentioned that Kioti, starting in 2001, started using letters for the first character in the serial number. )</font>
Actually, I think it was Rick Wallace that posted the info, but I believe you're correct. A D would be 2004 etc.
John

/ what year is my lb1914? #5  
Sorry John, You're always posting a good bit of helpful info that I thought it was you.

/ what year is my lb1914? #6  
Actually, I believe it's the first number, not the first letter. Mine is 3 so was a 2003 MFG. I really don't remember how the older ones were marked, Rick will know.

I don't know why, but this is one thing that keeps eluding me. I've known it, several times!
John