What Year Is my Tractor?

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #11  
When I bought my 2006 3215 in Dec '06 the model year of the tractor was never mentioned on any of the sales invoices just the serial number. However on the Agricredit financing paperwork both the tractor and fel are listed as 2006 with the matching serial numbers. If I sell the tractor I can always use this to show to the buyer.
Just going from what information you have, I would imagine you have a 2007 tractor. Why would they list meets 07 emissions on anything newer. Also, does it take 3 quarters of a year to get product. I find that hard to believe. Also, since you don't have other dealers jumping in here to explain, or to support your dealers claim, I don't think that helps with your hopes of having a 2009 let alone a 2008 model.
Fortunately as people are suggesting, if no major changes have been made does model year really matter. I know hours on the tractor does. It still isn't a great way to start off with a dealer who may have to mislead in order to close a deal.:(

Last edited:
   / What Year Is my Tractor?
Yeah, I agree and am surprized that some of the dealers on here have not commented on wether this is an issue or not.

Although I feel like it is a 2008 since it was requested in Dec of 07.

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #13  
Depending on the program and the manufacturer it can take up to 18 months to get product.

I guess I don’t count as a dealer

Buck

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #14  
Depending on the program and the manufacturer it can take up to 18 months to get product.

I guess I don't count as a dealer

Buck

So now you guys went and hurt Buck's feelings....:eek:

Buck said this correctly. Tractors go by model series, not year models. While it is true that they all have a birth date of sorts, the year sold is the year we use as the model year. There are exceptions. If a newer model is already out or in the works, the customer needs to know that and that "ages" that model.

The 2007 tag means the engine was built in 2007. They build production runs of engines in quantities, so you know that the tractor is never older than the engine, but it could be newer by months or even a year or so.

The tractor in question was probably built in India in 2008 sometime with a 2007 engine. Emission standards changed in some areas the first of 2008, so I think a lot of manufacturers built quite a few engines at the end of 2007. That makes them compliant, even in newer tractors (there are limits I am sure, but all Mahindra tractors brought in are 100% compliant). I think the dealer is being square with you.

If everyone actually knew the month/year that their tractor was born, many would find that they are a little older than they thought. That is the tractor world, it differs from the car world. If you ever re-sell it, show the buyer the invoice showing you bought it new in 2009 and all is well.

Now be nice to EFC, he's sensitive. :D

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #15  
My Mahindra 3325 was made in India. The plate which shows the serial number has behone the serial number in another box A6. My tractor was sold to me in July 2006 to be a 2006. What does the A6 mean?

Example:

Mahindra
EMAN1077 A6

Don

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #16  
On our Allis tractors you can look up the serial number and determine what year it was made in, why is that so hard with Non-US brands?

My Mahindra dealer said the same thing, it's a 2015, doesn't matter what year it is, just what year it's sold in. I disagree with that

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #17  
I too just bought a used 2015, seller told me it was an 2006. It sure looked clean enough and for the right price right at $7200 I thought it was a steal with a fel. I call the 1-800 number to try and verify the year and they could not help me. I was told that they dont have records that far back. That being said I called the dealer in Tomball Texas and they were able to look it up, turns out the tractor is an 2004 !!!! Oh well, I like it anyway.

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #19  
As far as I can tell, the "older" an engine design is when you buy it "new" the better....the new epa specs on engines is horrific....I bought my '02 6000 Mahindra NEW in May of '03...I think it had 2 hours on the engine...What did your's have?...As someone already stated, tractors are not cars...I don't buy tractors for their resale value either...let me see, I wonder what my '57 Farmall 230 is worth on a trade in? As Dave said, you buy the series tractor; as long as the clock reads close to "0" and it hasn't been sold before, it is new. If it was me, I'd just enjoy my '07/08/09 tractor.... BobG in VA